Series Talk: Around the NHL: Ploff hockey edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Agree. Way beyond two games. Goes back to Murray blowing leads that we hustled to come back from for me. We’d be down 3-0 and claw our way back to tie it. Just for Murray to let up a goal 29 seconds later. 4-3.

Also, What does Sullivan have against playing guys under 23? I look at Carolinas first line and cringe. They wouldn’t even be on our third line yet… let alone first line minutes. I don’t get his problem. It’s talent first (wins) then everything else is a bonus (winning with your favorites). Such as “core” or sentiment reasons.

Drew had like a month of fantastic play only to see Heinen keep getting the chances he deserved. It was ridiculous. When a player is trending up and is showing he can impact a line in a positive way, you bump him up to utilize him better. Sullivan has never done that. Look at the youth they did play and the only player that got decent usage was Nylander and that's because he's a right handed shot and Sully couldn't justify Heinen as a RW when he has a RW that is right handed as a call up with a hole on the right side.

Last edited:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Boston vs. Florida
Bruins in 4. The Panthers found their stride during the second-half, but will be facing off a Bruins team that is head and shoulders above the rest,

Toronto vs. Tampa Bay
Leafs in 7. The Leafs are the better team, but in true Toronto fashion it won't be easy.

Carolina vs. New York Islanders
Islanders in 7. This series feels like the Canes will double up the Isles on the shot clock, only to lose every game 2-1 or 3-1. Ilya Sorokin, of course, will be a big reason why the Islanders advance.

New Jersey vs. New York Rangers
Rangers in 6. While the Devils are ridiculously deep, the Rangers aren't lacking in talent either. Igor Sheshterkin, though, will prove to be the difference.

Colorado vs. Seattle
Avalanche in 5. Even with Landeskog (and possibly Makar), the Avs still have game-breakers in MacKinnon, Rantanan, Nichushkin, and Byram.

Dallas vs. Minnesota
Stars in 7. The Stars boast a balanced attack and relentless forecheck (a staple of Deboer), which should prove too much for the Wild.

Vegas vs. Winnipeg
Jets in 7. I predict goaltending will letdown an otherwise very strong Knights team.

Edmonton vs. Los Angeles

Oilers in 6. The Oilers have been winning games in convincing fashion over the second half of the season. The Kings - another solid team - will make a series of it, but McDavid and Draisiatl will take over.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Agree with most of the above. I’ll take Vegas instead.. I’ll give Florida a game. Think the Avs/Kraken could be a deep series.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I'm good if anyone from the West wins except Edmonton. If I had to pick an Eastern team to win, either Carolina or Florida.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
1681616282800.png

We should all do this. Like 2 minute registration.
I may be better off going with the opposite of my instincts, since it's been a rough year for predictions lol.

@BHD if your mind's set then fill it out!

Last edited:
Reactions: BHD

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
I’ll be rooting for John Marino to do good since he didn’t deserve to be traded away but then again he’s already in the playoffs so duck him. Kidding. But duck the Devils. If it isn’t the Pens then the Western Conference must win for me.

I’ll go with the Kings. Since I don’t think they’ll win and it’s just a want, I’ll say Stars vs Bruins in the Cup.

Rangers over the Devils 4-2
Islanders over the Hurricanes 4-3

Islanders over the Rangers 4-3

Bruins over the Panthers 4-0
Lightning over the Leafs 4-3

Bruins over the Lightning 4-1

Bruins over the Islanders 4-0

Stars upset the Bruins 4-3 due to Boston having too much time off. They go down 0-2 going back to Dallas. And can’t catch up.

The Dallas Stars are your Sidney Cup Champions!

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
So are all of us Pens fans in consensus we're rooting for Boston to go all the way? Not sure who else anybody would possibly be rooting for. B's have the most likable group of players by far in this year's playoffs.

Let's go Boston!

This is the same poster who was crowing about the upcoming sweep of the Bucs by the Red Sox in the Pirates thread a few weeks ago. The Bucs swept the Red Sox.

A Boston sports fan with a Pens related username.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
This is the same poster who was crowing about the upcoming sweep of the Bucs by the Red Sox in the Pirates thread a few weeks ago. The Bucs swept the Red Sox.

A Boston sports fan with a Pens related username.
Hey Factor, putting that troll aside, you should fill out a bracket before it's too late. You have a history of good foresight.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
So are all of us Pens fans in consensus we're rooting for Boston to go all the way? Not sure who else anybody would possibly be rooting for. B's have the most likable group of players by far in this year's playoffs.

Let's go Boston!

Why the f*** would I root for a team from Boston? Have you ever met a Bostonian?

Rooting for any other EC team is not on the table and never has been.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
- I've been banging the drum for Dallas as a finalist all season, but Hellebuyck made me go with the Jets.

- I know everyone here will hate me for picking the Rags, but they are the sleeper team in the East.

Game 1: 4-2 Rangers
Game 2: 3-2 Jets
Game 3: 4-2 Rangers
Game 4: 2-1 Rangers
Game 5; 3-1 Jets
Game 6: 3-1 Rangers

- Fox, Hellebuyck, Sheshterkin (in that order) for Conn Smythe.

Last edited:

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
First round Winners
West: Seattle, Dallas, VGK, Edmonton
East: Devils, Carolina, toronto, Boston
Second Round:
Dallas, Edmonton
Devils, Toronto
Finals;
Edmonton Toronto
The Winner:
McJesus

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
First round Winners
West: Seattle, Dallas, VGK, Edmonton
East: Devils, Carolina, toronto, Boston
Second Round:
Dallas, Edmonton
Devils, Toronto
Finals;
Edmonton Toronto
The Winner:
McJesus

An expansion team beating the defending champs? :biglaugh:With all due respect, have you completely lost your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad