Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
As
The situations are not comparable when the players in question are vastly different... The difference between 0.85ppg vs 0.5ppg players in the NHL is ginormous.

Assuming scoring was the key factor

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
As

Assuming scoring was the key factor

Uh. It's not like Reinhart is some Selke candidate...its not like Reinhart is physical and fights, it's not like Reinhart is fast..its not like Reinhart is racking up assists with his pin point passing skills...If it's not all about scoring....what the hell is Reinhart contributing?

Edit: Anyways...you can't compare the players or the situation. When Hall was traded he was an all star and Team Canada regular... multiple levels above Reinhart

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Using a former high 1st round pick to address a position of weakness(defense)....glad we don’t think like Chiarelli on these boards...
Reinhart was widely considered one of the biggest draft busts ever when Chiarelli acquired him. There is no defending him here in any way. He got clowned in a trade by Garth Snow. Think about that for a minute.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I found a video on YouTube on the Whalers 1986 playoff run. I had tears coming down my eyes watching Kevin Dineen score the game 4 OT winner vs the Habs, and then the legendary game 6 where Mike Liut shut them out 1-0. Those were the two most magical moments in the history of hockey in Hartford. I turned it off when it got to the game 7 because the pain of watching it knowing what happened was just too much for me to bear. If the Whalers won that game there is no doubt in my mind they beat the Rangers and Flames and win the cup. History would've forever changed and my Whalers would still be alive. f*** you Claude Lemieux you dirty filthy sack of crap, may you burn in hell along with Ed Johnson, Rich Gordon, Lowel Weicker, John Rowland, Gary Bettman and the biggest rat bastard of all Peter Karmanos for the past 20 years of pure pain and agony I've suffered every day of my life since.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'll just add this: because of Terry Pegulia I will never have my heart crushed and broken like that ever again. The Sabres will be here long after I am gone and no matter how many mistakes Terry makes I will always be eternally grateful to him (same goes for Gollisano for literally stepping up and saving us in our darkest hour).

Reactions: Puppa2Miller

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Uh. It's not like Reinhart is some Selke candidate...its not like Reinhart is physical and fights, it's not like Reinhart is fast..its not like Reinhart is racking up assists with his pin point passing skills...If it's not all about scoring....what the hell is Reinhart contributing?

Edit: Anyways...you can't compare the players or the situation. When Hall was traded he was an all star and Team Canada regular... multiple levels above Reinhart
Reinhart is
1) one of the best defensive forwards on this team
2) back-to-back 5on5 assists leader on this team

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I found a video on YouTube on the Whalers 1986 playoff run. I had tears coming down my eyes watching Kevin Dineen score the game 4 OT winner vs the Habs, and then the legendary game 6 where Mike Liut shut them out 1-0. Those were the two most magical moments in the history of hockey in Hartford. I turned it off when it got to the game 7 because the pain of watching it knowing what happened was just too much for me to bear. If the Whalers won that game there is no doubt in my mind they beat the Rangers and Flames and win the cup. History would've forever changed and my Whalers would still be alive. **** you Claude Lemieux you dirty filthy sack of crap, may you burn in hell along with Ed Johnson, Rich Gordon, Lowel Weicker, John Rowland, Gary Bettman and the biggest rat bastard of all Peter Karmanos for the past 20 years of pure pain and agony I've suffered every day of my life since.

Have you tried any voodoo dolls in the likeness of those people you listed? Some people think that they work just to sooth your emotions, kinda like a placebo effect, but I prefer the real ones...

Reactions: sabremike

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Reinhart is
1) one of the best defensive forwards on this team
2) back-to-back 5on5 assists leader on this team

1) He's not bad defensively but he's not particularly good either. He's just competent. Calling him one of the best defensive forwards on this team is like saying Nathan Gerbe is one of the tallest people in the room filled with 3rd graders.

2) He has 6 assists this year.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

Human scum

Both teams face off against each other again tonight in Denver.....

Erik Johnson just pounded the s**t out of Rinaldo after he sucker punched Girard.

Should be an enjoyable rematch....

Remember when a couple of guys actually entertained the possibility that Tocchet might be the next Sabres head coach??????

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Both teams face off against each other again tonight in Denver.....

Erik Johnson just pounded the s**t out of Rinaldo after he sucker punched Girard.

Should be an enjoyable rematch....

Remember when a couple of guys actually entertained the possibility that Tocchet might be the next Sabres head coach??????
Love Johnson, a shame he always seems hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad