Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

It’s interesting to me in that situation because here’s a guy who has been a 20-goal scorer. He scored again last night. I think he’s got eight on the year. I think the knock on him – and it’s been the knock on a few guys in Arizona since Rick Tocchet has gone there – is that some of these guys he doesn’t think work very hard. So I think teams are kind of holding that against him, holding that against the Coyotes.”

Doesn’t work hard? Shocking!

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Why do people want a guy with character and work ethic issues on a team with character and work ethic issues? Who on our team is going to turn Duclair around? Ryan O'Reilly and his flash card speeches? Just because he's fast doesn't mean he's worth acquiring. He's a dumb player and he has baggage. Then again everything I just said applies to Beaulieu and our GM went out and acquired him.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Why do people want a guy with character and work ethic issues on a team with character and work ethic issues? Who on our team is going to turn Duclair around? Ryan O'Reilly and his flash card speeches? Just because he's fast doesn't mean he's worth acquiring. He's a dumb player and he has baggage. Then again everything I just said applies to Beaulieu and our GM went out and acquired him.

So, Beaulieu for Duclair!

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

So, trade Beaulieu for Duclair...

:sarcasm:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Its stuff like this that reminds me why I couldn't stand Coller and his analytics takes (he is hardly the only one with this stuff)

He was soooo butthurt when we traded Pysyk for Kulikov. His anger and dismissal of Kulikov and the trade was based largely on CF% and GF% of the respective players. There was no team impact discussed, no role or usage discussed to add context. But now that Kulikov is having a good year in Winnipeg its obviously due to the team dragging him along for the ride. Because obviously "he didn't magically get good." So 'good Kulikov' based on those numbers is due to a good team and 'bad Kulikov' is due to him sucking as individual. What a tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad