Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
You and me both. I don't see Ace and pals talking to us like we're idiots anymore for wanting Sergachev over Nylander. They're strangely quiet on this topic now.

I think the majority of people wanted a D at that spot and were just hopeful that Nylander would be a good pick after it happened.

It's kind of like the initial reaction to the Casey M pick this year. Although, Heiskanen and Makar being long gone tempered that a little bit this year.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I think the majority of people wanted a D at that spot and were just hopeful that Nylander would be a good pick after it happened.

It's kind of like the initial reaction to the Casey M pick this year. Although, Heiskanen and Makar being long gone tempered that a little bit this year.

Yes but there were a vocal few who argued with and insulted anyone who wanted to take D in th first round for the entire second half of the season, on a daily basis. Beerz, Ace, Stokes, namely. Don’t see those 3 defending the pick now

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Just caught part of the tampa/Vegas game...tampa's puck and player movement is san antonio spurs-esque. Guys constantly adjusting position to make the best use of space, quick passing that forces the D to be on time and on target all the time

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Just caught part of the tampa/Vegas game...tampa's puck and player movement is san antonio spurs-esque. Guys constantly adjusting position to make the best use of space, quick passing that forces the D to be on time and on target all the time

Both teams look good. Vegas' D is constantly activating. The Knights can also turn nothing sequences into dangerous opportunities. They're fun to watch.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

Missed this game but have seen multiple TB games of late. This is the preferred style I'd love to see the Sabres adopt. Sadly, I don't see that they have the speed nor skill much less the coaching ability to play this way.

As much as I dislike them, Pittsburg also displays - especially Malkin's line - the chemistry and ice awareness (VISION) that allows linemates to successfully anticipate where the puck and play is going to be - heck, they control where the puck is going to go - and leave their opponents guessing & wondering in bewilderment what's going to happen next. Their opponents end up standing still waving their sticks or chasing illusions in their own end.

Tampa does the same things to teams.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
IDK how Faulk isn't putting up more points in Carolina. He's so smooth running the Canes PP. Not that's I'm advocating a ROR-Faulk trade, but I think Faulk would be great on the Sabres PP1 with Eichel. RHS passing to the left half wall, setting up Eichel one-timers.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Pastrnak's shootout goal was nice. I can't tell if the Jets goalie went for the shoulder fakes, but he sure didn't come close to catching that wrister.

McAvoy puts the winner right between the leg pad and the blocker. Not sure why Hellynbck didn't just drop into the butterfly.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Edmonton getting killed by their own stupidity:
Eberle for Strome
Hall for Larsson
1st that got the Isles Barzal for GReinhart
Schulz for 3rd

How does Chiarelli still have a job? Only good impact trade he's made is getting Talbot but even there he spend 2nd and 3rd so it's not like he got Talbot for nothing.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Edmonton getting killed by their own stupidity:
Eberle for Strome
Hall for Larsson
1st that got the Isles Barzal for GReinhart
Schulz for 3rd

How does Chiarelli still have a job? Only good impact trade he's made is getting Talbot but even there he spend 2nd and 3rd so it's not like he got Talbot for nothing.

Using a former high 1st round pick to address a position of weakness(defense)....glad we don’t think like Chiarelli on these boards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad