Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
The lack of Nylander defenders is deafening. I remember being part of the crew that wanted a defenseman at 8 in 2016. And got told I was wrong, that the league is about scoring and the team needed wingers.

Glad we were are wrong on that. :shakehead

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Bergevin traded PK Subban and Mikhail Sergachev for Shea Weber and Jonathan Drouin... and gave Carey Price 10.5 per year through his late 30s.... lol
"Bet the Habs under, the Drouin trade was quietly a terrible 2 for 1" was literally my only gambling advice for this season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The lack of Nylander defenders is deafening. I remember being part of the crew that wanted a defenseman at 8 in 2016. And got told I was wrong, that the league is about scoring and the team needed wingers.

Two words for you: Valeri Nichushkin .

Reactions: Der Jaeger

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Will be announced on Wednesday that the Isles will win the Belmont bid and build an arena there that could be up and running in as little as two more seasons. The last of those seasons may end up being at the Zombie Coliseum. I don't think anyone in all of hockey will be sad about never having to go to the Barclays Center again after 2019.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Also Florida threatening the tank and that's not cool. They have only won 2 in their last 8..
The GK are the best example that its not about having the best players but motivation, coaching and team-building.
Who would have thought they would have a season like that?

Reactions: CacOBG

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
When's the last time the Sabres had strong first-round drafting as a matter of course?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Seeing Ryan Miller's corpse in goal makes me sad.

Considering he entered last night with a .945 SV%, was 6/6 in quality starts, and had only given up three goals in one start prior to last evening, I'm not sure he's a corpse. He's done a great job backing up Gibson, and I'm sure he'll do fine when Gibson spends his usual 2-3 weeks on the shelf later this season.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Archibald played up in Pittsburgh a handful of games. Even played in the playoffs last year. He'll probably get a shot in Arizona's bottom 6.

edit: yeah he's a cup winner. Got his day with the cup and apparently used it for his son's baptism.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is he going to be their backup? Surely it's Jarry's job? Isn't this an AHL transaction basically?

The Pens were reportedly shopping for a goalie, they got one. What they do with him remains to be seen. Maybe they are making another deal -- the Oleksiak trade might indicate Cole may be heading out sooner rather than later.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

You and me both. I don't see Ace and pals talking to us like we're idiots anymore for wanting Sergachev over Nylander. They're strangely quiet on this topic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad