Around the NHL (Part XVII) - RIP Steve Montador

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
That's going to be a pretty low pick anyways. Think both teams won that trade.

Nashville got better for sure. But trading a first when your system isn't super strong is a long term victory for the rest of the division. Good teams who will be good for a long time don't do it.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Nashville got better for sure. But trading a first when your system isn't super strong is a long term victory for the rest of the division. Good teams who will be good for a long time don't do it.

Aren't you the guy pulling for us to trade for Vermette and a good #4 dman?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Aren't you the guy pulling for us to trade for Vermette and a good #4 dman?

yep. The difference is that we have a full cupboard of prospects and potentially shed a good player due to cap reasons for a 1st rounder or similarly valued prospects. There is a lot of nuance to this stuff.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
yep. The difference is that we have a full cupboard of prospects and potentially shed a good player due to cap reasons for a 1st rounder or similarly valued prospects. There is a lot of nuance to this stuff.

Preds have some good prospects and some good young talent already on roster. They also may never have a better shot to win

There is a lot of nuance to this stuff

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I understand why he would be pissed. This is his last (And only) real shot at a cup

Still he should have played better for Preds. His poor play ultimately made him expendable piece

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I understand why he would be pissed. This is his last (And only) real shot at a cup

Still he should have played better for Preds. His poor play ultimately made him expendable piece

He's played over 1200 games.

He's played in 6 playoff games.

He just left the best team in the league for a rebuild. :laugh:

I can imagine why he would be a tad disappointed.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria

if we do what you and coldsteel want, we wouldn't have that many good prospects

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
This TD it is those 2 and a 2nd. In the offseason after your Rentals are gone you come up with a Young NHL Player you like... losing McNeill/Pokka/Johns wouldn't hurt us then.

That's not how it works. That's not what good GMs do. Good GMs don't trade 1st round picks for Bottom Pairing D or 3rd line Centers. (Looking at you Poile) Good GMs search for better value or - like in our case - stand pat because we are good enough to win the Cup with the Roster we already have.

Nothingman*

You definitely don't trade 1sts for rentals. I will agree with that. Also, d is in demand this TD so there will be overpayments made. I don't think Stan does anything to be honest. A rental C would be OK as well as a rental D but I would prefer a C. I don't think the D issue is all on your D. I think a bit has to do with our forward responsible play. As in not making smart decisions and turning over the puck a bunch. We are giving up more shots per game recently than earlier in the year.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
That main board "most fans" thread is further confirmation our playoff avatar theme needs to be bandwagon related.

member 151739

That main board "most fans" thread is further confirmation our playoff avatar theme needs to be bandwagon related.

Thought we decided on Ron Swanson.

Rangers/Isles should be fun tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad