Around the NHL - Part XLII - (2023-24 Season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@GoAwayPanarin

I know you are a fan of Mintyukov, came across this, had a sweet goal last night and shut down Kucherov’s line.

IMG_5803.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The Vancouver Canucks will clinch a playoff spot tonight if they get 2 points against LA and the Blue lose to Vegas in any fashion OR if STL loses in regulation and the Canucks get one point.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Saw this on the history of hockey board, so it's old news, but I never knew the Rangers were interested in Nieuwendyk back in 95-96 before he was traded to Dallas. Rangers offered Ferraro and Cloutier. Neil Smith ended up trading Ferraro 3 months later in the big deal with the Kings.

1711131119351.jpg

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Any word on when the schedule for Round 1 will be released? I never remember how far in advance it comes out. All we know at this point is that the playoffs start on April 22, right?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This run they've been on is genuinely insane, but I can't help but wonder if they're peaking way too early and will run out of steam by the end of next month. Happy for McDonagh though because that dude is a f***ing gamer

Peaking too early is a myth. There have been plenty of teams that have gone on hot runs headed into the playoffs who end up having successful runs or end up winning the whole thing.

Not points in 18 straight hot but if you're playing well, you're playing well. Sometimes it carries over as you've already been in playoff mode for a while where as you're playing an opponent who has turn on the switch after coasting in.

If I were the Canucks I'd dread the prospect of facing this team.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Peaking too early is a myth. There have been plenty of teams that have gone on hot runs headed into the playoffs who end up having successful runs or end up winning the whole thing.

Not points in 18 straight hot but if you're playing well, you're playing well. Sometimes it carries over as you've already been in playoff mode for a while where as you're playing an opponent who has turn on the switch after coasting in.

If I were the Canucks I'd dread the prospect of facing this team.
I'm not disagreeing with that, but they still do have ten games to go. We've seen before how fast momentum can shift for teams and derail things. That's all I'm saying.

The greater-than-the-sum-of-their-parts vibe is reminiscent of Vegas' inaugural year. Their guys just find ways to get it done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad