Around the NHL - Part XLII - (2023-24 Season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
You know how we always talk about how it’s hard to get up for a game in Winnipeg in February. The same is true for Newark.

It is human nature to bring the energy to NYC. Guys play harder in front of more people and with the added attention of Broadway.

I cannot prove this of course but I will take this opinion to my grave. This is another factor in why it is so hard to win championships in NYC.
100%. The Rangers get an opponents A game more than any other team in the league.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Get ready for the sadsack desperation cup this afternoon when the 4-5-1 over the last 10 isles take on the powerhouse 4-6-0 over the last 10 devils. At least the isles fans know they suck but the sheer arrogance and endless excuses of the delusional devils fans is highly entertaining.

POs, what f***ing POs? Both of these long term losers are likely to finish below the Flyers and Capitals and maybe the Penguins as well.

isles fans will move on as they're well used to sad failure but devils fans will argue all summer long how they were actually better than the eventual SC winner...like I said delusional and entertaining.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
I'm torn about wanting to play against Tampa in rd 1. They have shown that they are capable of flipping the switch come playoff time. Kucherov is a nightmare to play against and if Vasi finds his game it could get ugly real quick.

That being said, this is not the same squad from 2+ years ago. I actually feel like Tampa is what some people accuse the Rangers of being in that they live and die by their power play (and PK).

I also don't get the comments about Tampa "having our #" considering we've actually played well against them the past 2 seasons. Even when we lost against them in the playoffs last time, the Rangers were basically gassed from having played so many games. Didn't we start the series the next day after the final game against the Canes?

No matter who you play it's going to be tough but I can understand wanting to play Detroit or Philly instead of Tampa. I just wouldn't be surprised if a series against Tampa ends up with Rangers winning in 5 as opposed to being upset by them. Tampa isn't the same team and the players that are still there are older.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Get ready for the sadsack desperation cup this afternoon when the 4-5-1 over the last 10 isles take on the powerhouse 4-6-0 over the last 10 devils. At least the isles fans know they suck but the sheer arrogance and endless excuses of the delusional devils fans is highly entertaining.

POs, what f***ing POs? Both of these long term losers are likely to finish below the Flyers and Capitals and maybe the Penguins as well.

isles fans will move on as they're well used to sad failure but devils fans will argue all summer long how they were actually better than the eventual SC winner...like I said delusional and entertaining.
100% truth. The Devils fanbase just refuses to acknowledge that they just suck. Most arrogant and delusional fanbase I have ever seen. Last nights display at home against the trash Sens is just a microcosm of their shitty season. The Isles fanbase is more realistic and they actually have a chance to grab the 8th seed only 3 points back and 1 game in hand. It's been a really sad display overall with the bubble teams and that 8th spot. I remember some years where teams needed close to 100 points to get in. This year 90 points may do it. Parity is a thing.

Reactions: bl02

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I'm torn about wanting to play against Tampa in rd 1. They have shown that they are capable of flipping the switch come playoff time. Kucherov is a nightmare to play against and if Vasi finds his game it could get ugly real quick.

That being said, this is not the same squad from 2+ years ago. I actually feel like Tampa is what some people accuse the Rangers of being in that they live and die by their power play (and PK).

I also don't get the comments about Tampa "having our #" considering we've actually played well against them the past 2 seasons. Even when we lost against them in the playoffs last time, the Rangers were basically gassed from having played so many games. Didn't we start the series the next day after the final game against the Canes?

No matter who you play it's going to be tough but I can understand wanting to play Detroit or Philly instead of Tampa. I just wouldn't be surprised if a series against Tampa ends up with Rangers winning in 5 as opposed to being upset by them. Tampa isn't the same team and the players that are still there are older.
Tampa is not an easy out but the Rangers are the better team. People only remember the last game when they were coming off of 5 days rest and Rangers were playing their 4th in 6 games. The Rangers still had the lead early in the 3rd in that game. They also won 3-1 and 5-1 earlier in the season which people forget. I would still rather Detroit in the 1st round but I'm not as worried about Tampa as others are. Carolina and Florida are the real problems if they want to make it out of the east.

Reactions: 80s Kid

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
100% truth. The Devils fanbase just refuses to acknowledge that they just suck. Most arrogant and delusional fanbase I have ever seen. Last nights display at home against the trash Sens is just a microcosm of their shitty season. The Isles fanbase is more realistic and they actually have a chance to grab the 8th seed only 3 points back and 1 game in hand. It's been a really sad display overall with the bubble teams and that 8th spot. I remember some years where teams needed close to 100 points to get in. This year 90 points may do it. Parity is a thing.
The only reason they got destroyed by a a horrible Sens team in must win game is because Vitek and Ruff sabotaged them, AINEC.

They’re actually an amazing team.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I remember in 06-07 we were part of an intense playoff race at the bottom and it felt like the teams we were playing against won every game. It's the opposite now.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Ottawa is probably top 3/4 bottom team in hockey right now. At least over the last few weeks or so. They destroyed Newark in Newark.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
Tampa is not an easy out but the Rangers are the better team. People only remember the last game when they were coming off of 5 days rest and Rangers were playing their 4th in 6 games. The Rangers still had the lead early in the 3rd in that game. They also won 3-1 and 5-1 earlier in the season which people forget. I would still rather Detroit in the 1st round but I'm not as worried about Tampa as others are. Carolina and Florida are the real problems if they want to make it out of the east.
Agree about Carolina and Florida...especially Florida.

Carolina is going to be tough for anyone but I feel like teams that have elite passing can expose them and their average goaltending. Nothing is guaranteed in the playoffs but feel like Rangers have this team figured out and it's just a matter of execution.

Florida IMO is the one team (in the east) where if both teams play their best, Rangers likely don't win. I watched them live against the Rangers in FL the first time they played and they're just impressive. Very few weaknesses. Very little time and space to make plays.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Agree about Carolina and Florida...especially Florida.

Carolina is going to be tough for anyone but I feel like teams that have elite passing can expose them and their average goaltending. Nothing is guaranteed in the playoffs but feel like Rangers have this team figured out and it's just a matter of execution.

Florida IMO is the one team (in the east) where if both teams play their best, Rangers likely don't win. I watched them live against the Rangers in FL the first time they played and they're just impressive. Very few weaknesses. Very little time and space to make plays.
Agree 100%. There is a reason they are the favorites right now. Very few weaknesses and built for the playoffs.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

That is true. Yes.

I am once again saying the Jets are frauds.
They shot their load against us. That was their Stanley Cup. Mollie Walker was talking about this. She did an interview with the Winnipeg press before the game with them and they were hyping the shit out of that game like it was the end-all and be-all game of the year.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
The problem with Tampa that any team would have against them is that their high end is so good and so in tune with each other that no lead is safe. No one "matches up" well against Kucherov and Point. Also, they lost a bit of their goonery but still are heavy and annoying and will hurt you. To hell with that team I want none of that this year.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
8kdn5g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad