Around the NHL, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Matthews is nuts, wow. I know it was Ottawa, but Toronto will be a lot of fun to watch, offensively, this year.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Matthews is nuts, wow. I know it was Ottawa, but Toronto will be a lot of fun to watch, offensively, this year.

Overshadowed by the Matthews mania is Marner and Nylander looking real good. 4th goal doesn't happen without Nylander.

Thankfully, their defense is still garbage.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Fourth goal is a bang bang 2 on 1 where Nylander got it across great.

Anderson has to hope he hits him or can't get the puck up off the ice. He stuck it right up high, no shot on that other than hoping it goes right.

Really the fact the Sens gave up a 2 on 1 with 10 seconds left says everything about the defensive focus that team has.

Funny thing is all the sens posters on the main board "claiming" they are gonna be in the playoff race with that awful team d.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah, Matthews will be a superstar. Have liked him more than Eichel since Eichel's draft year. Think he can be the best American in the league, or at least go toe to toe with Kane.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah, Matthews will be a superstar. Have liked him more than Eichel since Eichel's draft year. Think he can be the best American in the league, or at least go toe to toe with Kane.

I think because of the position they play both will be more impactful than Kane.

Yes I know what is Kane's trophy case, but I think Hart Trophies are in the future of both Matthews and Eichel.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Matthews first mistake of the night is curtains as the Leafs manage to lose on that performance.

Anderson looked an awful lot like Bernier. Good goalies will look bad when you're making that many defensive mistakes.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Matthews first mistake of the night is curtains as the Leafs manage to lose on that performance.

Anderson looked an awful lot like Bernier. Good goalies will look bad when you're making that many defensive mistakes.

Andersen looked like crap, I was pretty surprised by that.

Really liked what I saw from Reilly, but thought every other d men looked like trash.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Not to take away anything from Matthews but damn was that a junior showing. Looked like a CHL game on both sides. Nice to see Matthews dominate though. Would be amazing to have him become a superstar without the shoved-down-your-throats pre-hype that Crosby and McJesus came with.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Wasn't gardener and zaitsev top 4 dmen. Or were there two top 2? And they got their goalie? How they allow 5

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
If Howard plays well in the starts he gets I could see a team like Calgary or Ottawa giving him a shot next season. He'll only have two years left on his deal. There's still the Vegas option, too. I'm confident he'll be moved next year if he plays well.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
wow that sequence kinda pissed me off

Gaudreau goes down the wing with 2 guys draped on him hooking and holding, then loses the puck and no call of course

McDavid goes down the other way and gets tapped with a stick on his back and gets a penalty shot

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Best goalie tonight put up Howard stats apparently. Or they didn't update the sharks game yet

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015

I agree, but Kane absolutely carried that Chicago team last season.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
USA hockey is back!imagine what torts could do with a kane matthews abdelkader line next olympics

Let me have what you're having. Howard as a forward is better then all those guys combined. Since he plays goalie he knows how to play dfence

I hope you get it

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Overshadowed by the Matthews mania is Marner and Nylander looking real good. 4th goal doesn't happen without Nylander.

Thankfully, their defense is still garbage.

Totally agree on both counts, though I really didn't notice Marner as much when he wasn't jumping out of the zone a bit early (they both turned into semi-breakaways).

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
wow that sequence kinda pissed me off

Gaudreau goes down the wing with 2 guys draped on him hooking and holding, then loses the puck and no call of course

McDavid goes down the other way and gets tapped with a stick on his back and gets a penalty shot

McDavid is a protected guy. I agree in terms of finding that sequence embarrassing.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
That's the power of the 1OA. Matthews, McDavid.

Players you're almost guaranteed to see as franchise guys that are you're almost just as guaranteed aren't found after the first 5 picks.

Watching Marner, Nylander, and Matthews, all young as hell and very very good. I can't help but think that Toronto's timeline has sped up by a few years. I think they could make playoffs within the next 2. Maybe even this season. Their defense is bad but is it really all that much worse than ours? I think they get a cup before we do at this point.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That's the power of the 1OA. Matthews, McDavid.

Players you're almost guaranteed to see as franchise guys that are you're almost just as guaranteed aren't found after the first 5 picks.

Watching Marner, Nylander, and Matthews, all young as hell and very very good. I can't help but think that Toronto's timeline has sped up by a few years. I think they could make playoffs within the next 2. Maybe even this season. Their defense is bad but is it really all that much worse than ours? I think they get a cup before we do at this point.

*Power of the 1OA in the right draft*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese