May 15, 2012
On another note, how magically is it remembering how cocksure fans were about:
Hall - Nuge - Yak
200 point line, easy.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Kris who? Because Kris Russell died today in my eyes.

payback for Glencross i guess. I can't fault him to be honest, look how long he has waited, it was no longer on him to wait for us to maybe sign him, he needed to take the sure job, at what was likely more salary than we would be offering.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
payback for Glencross i guess. I can't fault him to be honest, look how long he has waited, it was no longer on him to wait for us to maybe sign him, he needed to take the sure job, at what was likely more salary than we would be offering.
He's still a traitor. Lifelong Flames fan voluntarily signs with Oilers, it's the ultimate form of disrespect.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If Russ had more options I'd hate on him. But it's a persons livelihood; hating in that is a Maj Dick move.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If Russ had more options I'd hate on him. But it's a persons livelihood; hating in that is a Maj Dick move.

Yeah, only the Oilers were desperate enough to give him that contract

I am sure he cant wait any longer

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Never heard of him, so just looked in to this Pochiro fellow, thinking he must be at least an average prospect. But nah, the guy was clearly included just as a contract spot.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Never heard of him, so just looked in to this Pochiro fellow, thinking he must be at least an average prospect. But nah, the guy was clearly included just as a contract spot.
I did the exact same thing and came to the very same conclusion :laugh:

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Question about the Yak trade, or any trade with Conditional picks:

If STL decides to flip Yak to another team, and he scores 15+ goals for the next team, does STL still owe Edmonton their 2nd Round pick?

This is all hypothetical speaking of coarse...

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
He's still a traitor. Lifelong Flames fan voluntarily signs with Oilers, it's the ultimate form of disrespect.

inb4 he scores an own goal on opening night and is the flames 7th man on the ice.

He would be my hero.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

If STL decides to flip Yak to another team, and he scores 15+ goals for the next team, does STL still owe Edmonton their 2nd Round pick?

This won't be much help, but it depends how it is worded in the paperwork. If it says "scores 15 goals during the 2016-17 NHL season" then even if traded they would get the pick, but alternatively if it was worded "scores 15 goals with St. Louis during the 2016-17 NHL season", then they would not.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010

I would assume that the Blues can't avoid conditions via trade. If they flip him, I would assume they would automatically forfeit the higher pick.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

Difference being that Glencross was criminally underrated and signed a wonderful contract. Russell is criminally overrated and is unlikely to sign a contract that suits his actual ability.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015

waivers are getting better every day.

Honestly, wouldnt mind if we´d pick someone up. Frk, Galiev, Siemens could still be Nhl regulars. Derek is a beast. If we didn´t have Janko and Lomberg he could be our Derek (Grant) replacement. lol

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

waivers are getting better every day.

Honestly, wouldnt mind if we´d pick someone up. Frk, Galiev, Siemens could still be Nhl regulars. Derek is a beast. If we didn´t have Janko and Lomberg he could be our Derek (Grant) replacement. lol

I was a huge fan of Frk in his drafted year so I have followed him pretty closely. I don't think he will be an NHL player unfortunatly.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
I was a huge fan of Frk in his drafted year so I have followed him pretty closely. I don't think he will be an NHL player unfortunatly.

I also don't trust a guy that doesn't have any vowels in his last name. Seems kind of shady to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad