Around the NHL, p.12: Stuff is once again starting to happen!!! ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2012
Earth
The Central is unreal.

The Preds are unreal. They moved him for a dman just entering his prime.

Johansen
Neal
Subban
Josi
Rinne
Ekholm
Ellis
Forsberg

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Oh what a day
fGTS34G.gif

What on earth was Bergevin thinking? Horrific deal for the Habs.

Oilers got better. Hall is overrated. One-dimensional wingers, no matter how many points they put up, just aren't as valuable as top pairing defencemen. And Edmonton actually traded a forward for a defenceman. What a time to be alive.

Stamkos staying with the Lightning is no surprise. After his meeting in Toronto, he must have realized how good he had it in Tampa Bay:laugh:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Oilers, while they lost value wise, got a good dman out of that trade. and if they can sign Lucic and maybe Demers....then their team just got better.

Subban for Shea....makes literally no sense....Pk's younger, and that Weber contract....is....kind of brutal in a couple years.

and then Stamkos resigns in Tampa....very surprised about that.
EDIT: For under 9M....yeah he took a paycut to stay.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I don't understand why Montreal does that. Subban is arguably better and younger. Bergevin making some questionable choices

Maybe it was a cap deal to shed a bit of cap? Maybe a precursor to trying to make a deal for Stamkos (who is now off the market)?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I also don't understand how people can say Edm got fleeced haha. Top pairing d men are more valuable than top line wingers imo.

I think most folks were in the line of thinking that Hall was somehow worth one of very few real 1D in the league straight up.

Just goes to show how valuable 1D and potential 1D are in this league.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I gotta say, I feel really bad for P.K. Subban. Guy puts his heart on his sleeve and plays his ass off, works like a mad-man in the community for various charitable causes, puts up with Therrien's ******** last year, and then gets kicked to the curb.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Oh what a day
fGTS34G.gif

What on earth was Bergevin thinking? Horrific deal for the Habs.

Oilers got better. Hall is overrated. One-dimensional wingers, no matter how many points they put up, just aren't as valuable as top pairing defencemen. And Edmonton actually traded a forward for a defenceman. What a time to be alive.

Stamkos staying with the Lightning is no surprise. After his meeting in Toronto, he must have realized how good he had it in Tampa Bay:laugh:

Nice. I tried to do that gif but HF was crashed lol

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
PK/Weber I get.
You give up 4 years, but you get the constant professional in Weber. I know PK is a good representative of the game, but there have always been attitude concerns with him (and recent locker room faux pas' reported).

Weber is definitely better on the defensive side of the ice, PK's a brilliant offensive Dman; overall, Montreal to me, isn't a great team outside of what's in that net one way or another :laugh:

Also, are you married to the idea of having PK at 9 million until 2022 with full NMC ability?

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I also don't understand how people can say Edm got fleeced haha. Top pairing d men are more valuable than top line wingers imo.

Hall is easily a top 10 winger, not just top line. One thing I've always agreed on with Oilers fans. I'm happy he's going to a legit organization. Larsson's good, but Edmonton lost this one big time, a move they had to make, sure, I just thought/think it's nuts they traded Hall.

And Montreal goofed as well. I love Weber, but Subbans already arguably better and Webers clearly declining..

I figured Stammer would sign in Tampa and make it a very anticlimactic ending, so happy the Leafs didn't get him :laugh:

What a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad