Around the NHL Discussion - Part IX

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
It's unreal how delusional some fans can get about situations involving their teams players. I just don't understand how a human can try to defend Keith's actions.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Yeah Stone got destroyed.

I finally saw the Virtanen hit. It's a shame he was so late delivering the hit, because if he was on time it would have been a textbook example of how to throw a huge, legal shoulder to shoulder hit

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
If a team like Minnesota, Dallas or St Louis were to knock out the Hawks, most NHL fans would just say that Chicago was a shell of themselves and not give that team much credit. But I'd still enjoy it.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
If a team like Minnesota, Dallas or St Louis were to knock out the Hawks, most NHL fans would just say that Chicago was a shell of themselves and not give that team much credit. But I'd still enjoy it.

Our problem is all mental. Beating a weak Chicago is still beating Chicago. I think that's honestly all we need.

We won't get it because we suck and always will, but hey. (I'm always positive and best friend is always skeptical so this year we're switching)

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
The most damning part of Chicago's situation is Crawford's alleged vertigo. Darling is a sieve.

Definitely. If Keith is suspended for the first 2 playoff games while Crawford doesn't end up returning then take last year's chicago team with a markedly less effective Hossa and subtract....

1. Sharp
2. Saad.
3. Crawford
4. Keith (for 2 games)
5. Oduya

while adding

1. Panarin
2. Anisimov

amounts to a huge net loss here.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Definitely. If Keith is suspended for the first 2 playoff games while Crawford doesn't end up returning then take last year's chicago team with a markedly less effective Hossa and subtract....

1. Sharp
2. Saad.
3. Crawford
4. Keith (for 2 games)
5. Oduya

while adding

1. Panarin
2. Anisimov

amounts to a huge net loss here.

I don't think Panarin and Anisimov are guys that should be the backbone of their playoff production, if they want to be successful. Panarin in particular. Its just hard to come into the league as a rookie and be ready for the intensity of the NHL post-season. I would say the same thing about Fabbri and Parayko. They can be effective complimentary players, but not the focus of the offense.

That said, the Blackhawks have clinched a playoff spot and were vying for the conference championship until very recently. I think they may be going into recharge mode a bit, and look lackluster on the ice. I fully expect that they'll be a tough out.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014

i think it would be comparable to the cubs beating a injury plagued cards team. even if crawford comes back before the playoffs start, he is not gonna be 100% and if there is any integrity from the league then Kieth will be sitting for atleast 2 playoff games.

hawks are getting battered up while the blues are starting to get healthy. good signs IMO

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Well, end of the day his GAA is pretty close to Crawford, so it's enough that they should still have a chance to win

He's let in some terrible goals this year.

On a side note....we may see a wildcard swap. Nashville may get bumped to the 2nd spot

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Btw brutal this Coyle face. Totally beat up face.

11rghu.jpg

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Hey Duncan Keith is just defending Pietrangelo. I knew he was a gentleman.

Preds are done. It'll be Chicago or Minnesota for us.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
**** it. I want Chicago so we can stomp them into the ground while they're weak. I don't care if they're a "shell of themselves," winning a series against Chicago will give this team a confidence boost that could propel us straight to a stanley cup championship.

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
If we knocked the Hawks out in the first round this whole city would rally behind the Blues like never before. There's a massive fanbase that is kinda following-ish because they are so used to being "good" but second fiddle. Especially with the Rams being gone, there is a real big sports vacuum right now, the media would pound the drum as hard as they could and we'd gain a lot of fans.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Jagr has 61 points on the season, became the oldest player in NHL history to reach 60 points in a season, and has 30 points in his last 29 games. It's mind boggling to me that his first NHL season was in 1991. I'm 31 years old, so I was 7 when he first came into the league. He was in NHL '93 on SNES...I'm having a hard time letting that sink in. And he's not some scrub at 44 years old. I hope he continues playing for a few more years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad