Around the NHL Discussion - Part IX

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
In person hearing for Keith. He's missing some playoff games

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It's not like we haven't spotted Chicago a 2-0 deficit before. I hope Keith does miss a couple playoff games but again, wishing for that matchup just because of this is extremely risky.

Win the division and give me Minnesota any day of the week. I won't be able to forget that loss to them until we get revenge for it. And if we don't, losing to them a second time would have to be so embarrassing that there's no possibly way the Blues could bring back Hitchcock or the same roster. Sure the embarrassment would suck since the Wild are trash, but hopefully it would pay off in the end. I don't see anything bad about this matchup. With Chicago, you have to deal with their obnoxious fans if they beat the Blues once again and then the Blues can sing the same old tune about how they are close but they just got a tough draw with the defending champs.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Chicago is going to the pacific..... missing key playing and generally not being good at hockey lately, spells WC bound. They have to play LA and Anaheim. They are going to pound Chicago's defense into the ground with possibly facing them in 2 weeks

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Chicago is going to the pacific..... missing key playing and generally not being good at hockey lately, spells WC bound. They have to play LA and Anaheim. They are going to pound Chicago's defense into the ground with possibly facing them in 2 weeks

There are only 5 games left and the Preds are 4 points back. Chicago will most likely be in the central bracket

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
But they hold the tiebreaker on Nashville so Nashville will have to make up 5 points on them in only 5 games. That's not an easy task as long as Chicago can at least stay afloat and win 2 of their remaining games. Some of the teams they play are the Jets, Coyotes and Blue Jackets.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It's possible but I can see them dropping the next 5, they look terrible and losing Keith? That defense was already held together with bubble gum

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
So I went to YouTube and I've managed to find 3 other occasions where he purposely attempts to injure another player. The Carter face slash, Sedin elbow to head, and Matt Cooke hit to head in 09. For it being his 4th repeated offense, though I'm not sure if he got suspended for the Cooke hit, he should get a minimum of 20 games. He's reaching Torres level of incidents.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
So I went to YouTube and I've managed to find 3 other occasions where he purposely attempts to injure another player. The Carter face slash, Sedin elbow to head, and Matt Cooke hit to head in 09. For it being his 4th repeated offense, though I'm not sure if he got suspended for the Cooke hit, he should get a minimum of 20 games. He's reaching Torres level of incidents.

repeat offender status only looks back 3 years, i believe. The incidents from '09 and '10 (or even '12) wouldn't even come into play.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
repeat offender status only looks back 3 years, i believe. The incidents from '09 and '10 (or even '12) wouldn't even come into play.

I hope they take his case in a special consideration. It's not a hit gone wrong....he's using his stick as a weapon

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Well its an in-person hearing, so usually that's a minimum of 6 games. I feel that it should be 10 games, but I think the league will do 6...so that he misses one playoff game.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012

According to the rules they shouldn't but I don't understand how you can let a guy going around intentionally trying to injure other players. I think an incident as big as this should maybe be an example of why the "repeat offender" status shouldn't just go away.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Well its an in-person hearing, so usually that's a minimum of 6 games. I feel that it should be 10 games, but I think the league will do 6...so that he misses one playoff game.

I would almost guarantee it's 6 games. 1 playoff game. And it seems pretty reasonable compared to past NHL suspensions.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

I hope they take his case in a special consideration. It's not a hit gone wrong....he's using his stick as a weapon

Repeat offender only matters in terms of the fine amount. DoPS policy dictates that prior suspensions can be considered when coming up with a suspension length.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
The designation "repeat offender" appears to be just for purposes of salary penalties...the rule makes clear that all past incidents, no matter how old, may be considered for purposes supplemental discipline (i.e, suspensions)....see bolded text below.

What is a "Repeat Offender"?

A Player is considered a repeat offender for 18 months following his most recent incident that resulted in a suspension. His status as a repeat offender in this category is used to determine the amount of salary forfeited should he receive another suspension.

It is important to note that even if a Player is not defined as a repeat offender, his past history may come into consideration when determining future Supplemental Discipline.

EDIT: VG beat me to it--see above.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah it's pretty much common sense.

If a player has 5 previous suspensions and then goes 18 months before being suspended again, he will definitely still get a much harsher penalty than a first-time offender.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
watching the caps game tonight and im so glad oshie is gone.

took a stupid penalty and hes just floating around on the ice out there. hes ready to rock and roll for the playoffs.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Anyone else see Byfuglien just absolutely destroy Mark Stone?

https://streamable.com/ib2d

Truly a thing of beauty.

Hope Stone isn't hurt of course (pretty sure he missed a coupe shifts but finished the game). I just love watching Buff play hockey. Unlike Keith, every controversial play he has been involved in is the result of a hockey play and usually not blatantly over the line. Seems like most of Buffs hits that are borderline are only really bad because he is so damn big. It's not just Buffs physical play that is so entertaining, he actually has a significant amount of skill to go along with it too. Plus he seems like a class act off the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad