Around the NHL Discussion - Part IX

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Huge win for Nashville. Jones is replaceable. Young 1C are not.

Yeah I agree. It's always been their big weakness. Now they've plugged the hole. If Rinne gets back on track I think they'd definitely be a favorite right now in a series against us.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He's still too patient and plays hardball too much to win a trade with heavy competition.

I wanted him for Shattenkirk...I understand but there was reports between the Blues and CBJs...so it's not like he wasn't interested. I would also understand the negatives of moving Shattenkirk.

Personally I hope RyJo and Forsberg pound us into the ground...thus completing the cycle.

We better have a play for Stamkos

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
At least Edmonton is crying about not getting Jones for RNH?

Cue the endless RNH for Shatenkirk...which will probably happen so we have Paul Stastny jr.

Ugh.... I don't even want to watch tonight's game anymore. Central keeps getting better and we're doing a burnout in the mud

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The plus side is the Preds now have a much better chance of eliminating the Hawks in the playoffs.

So we'd be in a wildcard spot best case scenerio....which if my "I'm not suprised" meter is correct will be LA....

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
RyJo/Forsberg is going to rival Seguin/Benn. Tarasenko is at that level, but we don't have an elite center for him to work with. That's supposed to be Stastny, but obviously that's not happening. We have no center in the organization with the potential to be above a 3C. It's been a hole for a long time. I applaud Army for snagging Stastny for less than market value but he just hasn't worked. Somehow, someway we need an elite center to take the next step. We have the elite goal scorer, we have two stud Dmen, we have a goalie on the rise, but we don't have that 1C like Chicago, Dallas, Colorado, and now Nashville have. It remains the biggest hole. Has been for years.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Jeesus, Central came even tougher. Should we just go Eastern, oh wait we get f upped against them too.

Army don't push that panic button! :help:

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I wonder if Columbus would have added for Shattenkirk.

They probably preferred Jones. Shatty is no doubt better right now but Jones could be by the time the Jackets are ready to contend, not too mention he is much much cheaper

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Oh boy, going to enjoy Forsberg/Johansen feasting on the Blues for the next 10 years.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Johansen/Forsberg is nowhere near Seguin and Benn. They'll be good, but Forsberg is not that elite.

That's not to say it isn't a good deal for Nashville though because it is. The Central just got even better offensively...

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I can't really blame Armstrong for this though. Is Johansen really worth Shattenkirk? It's tough to say. I would have been okay if it happened but I'm also okay that it didn't. Nashville honestly had a much easier choice than us.

Unfortunately that does limit our option now to Edmonton, or Stamkos if we want to mess with that. But neither are ideal.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I can't really blame Armstrong for this though. Is Johansen really worth Shattenkirk? It's tough to say. I would have been okay if it happened but I'm also okay that it didn't. Nashville honestly had a much easier choice than us.

Unfortunately that does limit our option now to Edmonton, or Stamkos if we want to mess with that. But neither are ideal.

Zero chance Stamkos comes here in the offseason. I'd look to do a hockey trade with Tampa if he's on the outs

Backes+ for rentalkos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad