Around The NHL - Back in the Saddle Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Boomer of Boomer & Hahn (NHL Network Radio) said Coyotes would be a Cup contender if we'd won the McDavid lottery - probably correct. There was no argument from Hahn. Consequently neither of them knew just what we (or Buffalo) are right now.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Mike Smith gives up 5 goals on 22 shots tonight before being pulled as his team falls to the sens 6 to 0.

I wondered how long it would take. 5 games it was. I wonder if he has started to sneer at his teammates yet or throwing them under the bus to the media.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Every goalie has his day. As much of an anti-fan I am of Smith, our goaltenders haven't necessarily been stellar either. All around the league, we have see a massive increase of scoring. Take a look at the scoresheets of every game the first two weeks

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I wondered how long it would take. 5 games it was. I wonder if he has started to sneer at his teammates yet or throwing them under the bus to the media.

Just watched the highlights. His arms came up after he was screened on second goal, from there further antics ensued.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Clearly. When you have forwards like those on the Hawks in front of you, your +/- is going to be positively affected.

Kane looks better than ever. Hard to believe he is in his 10th season. What Keller may become.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
and Murphy is +3.

+/- obviously doesn't tell the whole story.
Haha. Murphy plays for the Blackhawks. You know what +/- represents, right? It tells quite a story when two guys have spent 90% of their 5v5 TOI together and one is a -7 and the other a -1 after only FOUR games. That means in the very few EV mins w/o Hammer on the ice with him, OEL has managed to get himself in so much trouble that six extra goals have been scored against us in just four games. It's actually an incredibly telling stat.

I wonder what the EV GA/60 is when OEL is out minus Hammer? 15g per game?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Kane looks better than ever. Hard to believe he is in his 10th season. What Keller may become.
I think it's probably time to stop comparing small skilled players to Kane. He's a step above imo. It's kind of like comparing a young offensive dman to Karlson, the best you can realistically hope for is a poor man's version of that player.

Keller can get to that Gaudreau, Parise, Giroux, or Marner level, but I just think Kane isn't a fair comparison for anyone, he's that good.

I'm not really directing this only at you, it's been thrown around quite a bit about every young small skilled forward and I just don't think it's a fair comparison.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I think it's probably time to stop comparing small skilled players to Kane. He's a step above imo. It's kind of like comparing a young offensive dman to Karlson, the best you can realistically hope for is a poor man's version of that player.

Keller can get to that Gaudreau, Parise, Giroux, or Marner level, but I just think Kane isn't a fair comparison for anyone, he's that good.

I'm not really directing this only at you, it's been thrown around quite a bit about every young small skilled forward and I just don't think it's a fair comparison.

Maybe. Kane has averaged 31 goals per 82 games. I think that's well within Keller's upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad