Around The NHL - Back in the Saddle Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Pickard traded to Toronto.

And yet McPhee says Subban isn't NHL ready? What exactly is the plan here?

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I heard somewhere that someone would let him clear to trade for him instead so they could send money back the other way.

I would take Pickard over some of those other goalies either. Some teams that didn't grab him might wish they did.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Rumor has it Turris and the Senators may be parting soon. Turris wants a 7-8 year deal so he can retire there and the Sens are balking.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
The leafs can’t hold onto a lead either (just like last year) but they are figuring it out, recovering and still getting W’s.

We will get there too. Figure it out. Learning.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Mike Smith with 43 save shut out leads Flames to first win at Honda Center in 9 years

Those poor Calgary fans are in for a nasty surprise once he loses a bit of confidence and starts letting beach balls through that 5-hole.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Those poor Calgary fans are in for a nasty surprise once he loses a bit of confidence and starts letting beach balls through that 5-hole.

Maybe. But he's still better than what they had. Well probably, ya never know with that guy.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Avs only team that hasn't allowed an even strength goal,yet.
May be a bit surprising but I got to watch most of their three games and they did very well. Their young guys are puck hogs (Kerfoot for example) so they have the puck a lot. Their young players are also particularly good in all aspects of the game and I think that's the difference between Arizona and Colorado so far...Jost and Compher are amongst their top penaltykillers and they're not hiding them 5vs5 either. Zadorov looks as good as ever despite missing camp and even Bigras seems to be a pleasant surprise. Unlike Arizona's, their roster has better balance and they're leaning towards the right guys. Shouldn't forget Varlamov who finally seems to be his usual self. I saw several negative posts here over the summer about Sakic and his work and I always said that most of his decisions were actually pretty smart. Turns out I was right. I still think Bednar is a terrible coach so it remains to be seen how long they can keep it up but still. I hope Chayka and co are making notes...

Last edited:
Reactions: Lilhoody

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Whoops. They were one of only a few teams supposed to be worse than us.

That's what you guys thought. I never agreed with that. If it wasn't already then I think the writing is on the wall ever since Jost just couldn't stop Keller's pocket. They also have a much more balanced roster with some serious vets who also get to play...

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Whoops. They were one of only a few teams supposed to be worse than us. Maybe we'll end up with a top three pick after all. Rasmus Dahlin looks like a true franchise player. Hmmm...I wonder who the best forward we could get for OEL is?

I dont even like typing this but what a blessing it would be to get Dahlin and be able to move OEL for a top center. Chychrun could keep that top spot warm until Dahlin is ready. I love OEL and feel like we are in a great spot with him on the team and the core we have. This situation would just put it over the top. Its fun to speculate about having some favor with the hickey gods but we know this would never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad