Around The NHL - Back in the Saddle Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
$3.5m is a lot to pay for a 3rd pairing guy.

I can't imagine Wood being ready, so if Chayka doesn't do anything, my guess is that they expect Chychrun to move up a spot and Gogo goes to RD, freeing up 3rd pairing to be KConn & Schenn

wouldn't be the worst idea...as Chychrun my guess will improve on last years stats and may be a great partner for Gogo. The only thing is that our entire top 4 would LH.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Seeing reports like "Niemi to PIT" and "Pavelec to NYR" makes me wonder if these teams even have scouts.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Seeing reports like "Niemi to PIT" and "Pavelec to NYR" makes me wonder if these teams even have scouts.

The latter has one of the Allaire brothers. Niemi has a cup. I would take both over Smith on cheap deals. But we're set in net.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Jesus. His injuries are terrifying, I wouldn't have wanted to spend a top 3 pick on him. Hell maybe top 5.

The irony of a Chychrun fan saying this is pretty delicious. He has risk but the reward is pretty damn high if he works out. I believe this injury was already known to teams and isn't something new.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Or just parroting what Craig said 6 hours ago:

Either way, Doan is gone and gone for a reason.

^^^^

I'd only be interested in which four teams are even considering it.

"4 teams have contacted" could mean 4 teams just called up and offered him the minimum salary and a 1 year contract.

If it happens it will be really really weird to see Doan in another team's jersey.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
"4 teams have contacted" could mean 4 teams just called up and offered him the minimum salary and a 1 year contract.

If it happens it will be really really weird to see Doan in another team's jersey.

Yeah but where I was getting at is if any of those teams would be "cup contenders".

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Piecing together the UFA rumors, this seems to be every team's goalie tandem next season:

Anaheim - Gibson - Miller
Arizona - Raanta - Domingue
Boston - Rask - Khudobin
Buffalo - Lehner - Johnson
Calgary - Smith - Lack
Carolina - Darling - Ward
Chicago - Crawford - Forsberg
Colorado - Varlamov - Bernier
Columbus - Bobrovsky - Korpisalo
Dallas - Bishop - Lehtonen
Detroit - Howard - Mrazek
Edmonton - Talbot - Brossoit
Florida - Luongo - Reimer
Los Angeles - Quick - Campbell
Minnesota - Dubnyk - Stalock
Montreal - Price - Montoya
Nashville - Rinne - Saros
New Jersey - Schneider - Kinkaid
NY Islanders - Greiss - Halak
NY Rangers - Lundqvist - Pavelec
Ottawa - Anderson - Condon
Philadelphia - Elliott - Neuvirth
Pittsburgh - Murray - Niemi
St. Louis - Allen - Hutton
San Jose - Jones - Dell
Tampa Bay - Vasilevskiy - Budaj
Toronto - Andersen - McElhinney
Vancouver - Markstrom - Nilsson
Vegas - Fleury - Pickard
Washington - Holtby - Grubauer
Winnipeg - Mason - Hellebuyck

Still some decent UFAs available, namely Kuemper, Enroth, and Berube.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Krueger to Vegas for future considerations? I think we could have gambled on him and give something better than future considerations (of course we are probably on his no-trade list). Also, the Hawks are short a roster D, why not have Vegas throw one in with their abundance?

Oh well, we'll survive without him.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
The irony of a Chychrun fan saying this is pretty delicious. He has risk but the reward is pretty damn high if he works out. I believe this injury was already known to teams and isn't something new.

We took Chychrun at 16, Nolan went 2nd. At 16 a risk like that is fine, at 2nd? Scary.

Also wasn't the shoulder injury Chychrun's only real injury? I remember reading that Nolan has had a crap ton.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I like it. The team is better and that final year isn't too bad. Smart future HoF player with all the young players they have. I see far more positives bringing him in than negatives.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Weird that Marleau hasn't missed a game since 09. I think he will like being Matthew's wingman.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Krueger to Vegas for future considerations? I think we could have gambled on him and give something better than future considerations (of course we are probably on his no-trade list). Also, the Hawks are short a roster D, why not have Vegas throw one in with their abundance?

Oh well, we'll survive without him.

Can't believe Vegas let Chicago get out of that contract for free. George McPhee has incredibly underwhelmed me with his work. Oh well. Good for our division I guess.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The Emelin move both ways is even more bizarre.
Can't believe Vegas let Chicago get out of that contract for free. George McPhee has incredibly underwhelmed me with his work. Oh well. Good for our division I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->