Around The NHL - Back in the Saddle Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think Colorado is actually going to be worse than last year. I didn't think it was possible. But how is that team any better? Plus they're going to lose Duchene.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not sure the Russian factor is what it once was with the KHL, but it's still some level of factor I think. Kuznetsov just used it as leverage against the Caps.

Dated but some interesting quotes here from Maloney on Burmistrov

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
So Colorado is the worst team in 20 years and Sakic's solution is to bring back the same team, minus Beauchemin, and plus heavyweights like Bernier, Wilson, and Yakupov?

They had 48 points this season. I think they will actually be worse next year.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
So Colorado is the worst team in 20 years and Sakic's solution is to bring back the same team, minus Beauchemin, and plus heavyweights like Bernier, Wilson, and Yakupov?

Tanking for someone coming out this season? Is there a generational level talent in the 2018 draft?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Don't know if I'd use the generational label on Dahlin but there's no denying the Avs need a high-end D like him.

What they need more though is for Sakic to resign and to hire a real GM. They can't fire a Colorado legend.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Sounding more and more like Owen Tippett will play in the NHL next season.

Devils also say they will use Nico as a center right off the bat.

Nolan Patrick sidelined with a face infection.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Sounding more and more like Owen Tippett will play in the NHL next season.

Devils also say they will use Nico as a center right off the bat.

Nolan Patrick sidelined with a face infection.

Isn't acne technically a face infection?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Isn't acne technically a face infection?

The technical definition of acne itself is clogged hair follicles, typically caused by increased secretion by oil glands in the skin. It is widely believed (but not conclusive) that there's a certain bacterial infection that contributes towards its development. Furthermore, acne can be caused by things other than infections. So, it's more of the symptom than the cause, just like how vomiting can be caused by the flu virus, but not always.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Sean Burke left open the possibility that Doan could be a part of the ragtag Team Canada squad at the Olympics. Interesting.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona

Yeah, I've been shaking my head in disbelief at this all summer. Sakic is definitely carrying the mantle for worst GM in the league right now and I don't think it's even close. Maybe they are ok with tanking and trying to get the best odds at Dahlin, who is apparently the second coming of Erik Karlsson, but it's not like the lottery is ever a sure thing. Can't believe that team has done literally nothing all summer to get better. One less team we have to worry about for a playoff spot though I guess...

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
U of Denver defenseman, Avalanche draft pick, and Hobey Baker winner Will Butcher has informed the Avs he will not sign with the team. Becomes a UFA on Aug. 15.

This year's Vesey.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
There's only room for one Butcher around these parts.

1418920-andrew-barroway.jpg

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
U of Denver defenseman, Avalanche draft pick, and Hobey Baker winner Will Butcher has informed the Avs he will not sign with the team. Becomes a UFA on Aug. 15.

This year's Vesey.

Odds are stacked pretty heavily against him ever becoming a regular NHL player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad