OT: Around the NHL: And you get a hat trick, and you get a hat trick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Just a random aside but as a guy that absolutely loathes it when a player takes a clean check and then flips out and drops the gloves... this made me smile a little:

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Just a random aside but as a guy that absolutely loathes it when a player takes a clean check and then flips out and drops the gloves... this made me smile a little:

Eh I thought it was a borderline hit. Numbers are clearly showing and the's that close to the boards, potentially ugly hit

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
MAF with the SO. Dude is playing like a Vezina front runner. Really happy for him. If Vegas can continue to be competitive moving forward I have a tough time seeing him not hitting 500 career wins.

Reactions: theicebox

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
MAF with the SO. Dude is playing like a Vezina front runner. Really happy for him. If Vegas can continue to be competitive moving forward I have a tough time seeing him not hitting 500 career wins.

You don't actually think he is going to win the Vezina do you? He'd have to start a crazy amount of their remaining games to play enough to realistically qualify.

Having said that, that whole team is an awesome story and I'm really happy for MAF.

Reactions: BHD

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Maybe I'm just a vindictive person, but watching the Oilers flounder like they have brings a smile to my face after this off-season having to listen to their obnoxious fanbase.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Maybe I'm just a vindictive person, but watching the Oilers flounder like they have brings a smile to my face after this off-season having to listen to their obnoxious fanbase.

It's nice to see them go through adversity, much like the Pens have gone through a lot in the Crosby era. Nothing comes easy in this league - they know just as well as Pens fans know, but a reminder never hurts.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

I’d rather them be successful and beat them in the cup final with Sid threepeating the Smythe against McDavid.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I’d rather them be successful and beat them in the cup final with Sid threepeating the Smythe against McDavid.

Meh, they'd just use the excuse "Crosby's got Malkin".

At least if the Oilers completely crash and burn and don't even make the playoffs, they can't really use that excuse since a non-playoff team is clearly more than just a "Malkin" away from being a Cup winner.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Heard a story today that McPhee put in a lot of time to research what type of people the players were and how the would fit together to create the best atmosphere in the locker room.

I’m sure he didn’t expect this but just wanted to create a good culture which is important especially when you are losing a bit (which we expected them to do).

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Maybe we should start pushing defenders into the goals dragging the puck with them. Apparently they count :laugh:

*If they called the penalty it wouldn’t have counted so they must have thought pushing someone over was clean. :eyeroll:

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Do players on other teams besides Penguins utilize video technology on bench during the games as much as (or at all) like the Penguins, especially Crosby and Malkin, do? They've been doing that already since Bylsma's days IIRC but I haven't really seen players on other teams doing that. Could be that camera's focus always on Crosby and just don't bother doing the same when players on other teams are doing the same?

That just came into mind during the Red Wings game when Detroit's announcer were laughing at Malkin using the Ipad during a play to watch something from his previous shift. They were simply dumbfounded by that happening, then when Malkin handed the Ipad to Recchi and Recchi used the ear piece to talk with video coach they were calling Recchi "Inspector Gadget". Tells me that Red Wings' players atleast aren't doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad