OT: Around the NHL: And you get a hat trick, and you get a hat trick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
5 primary assists for Panarin tonight. Imagine if he signed with Pens instead of Hawks... Panarin-Malkin-Kessel would be lights out.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Why am I getting chirped by Canucks fans about Pouliot at work? "We'll see his stats at the end of the year!" OK cool? He's playing 60+ % of his shifts in the offensive zone and they missed Yannic Weber and basically got a version of him again. Am I supposed to feel bad? Was he supposed to be better than Letang, Dumoulin, Maatta, or Schultz? At this point I like Corrado better than him.

Call me crazy but I like my defensemen at least serviceable in their own end. I mean we could have given up Gustav Forsling or something, a guy that has produced as much as Pouliot and plays 55% of his starts in the defensive zone.

But what do I know? Brandon Sutter is apparently a power forward.

I'd like to sit in a meeting with my colleagues without being chirped. I guess that's what being insecure feels like.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Why am I getting chirped by Canucks fans about Pouliot at work? "We'll see his stats at the end of the year!" OK cool? He's playing 60+ % of his shifts in the offensive zone and they missed Yannic Weber and basically got a version of him again. Am I supposed to feel bad? Was he supposed to be better than Letang, Dumoulin, Maatta, or Schultz? At this point I like Corrado better than him.

Call me crazy but I like my defensemen at least serviceable in their own end. I mean we could have given up Gustav Forsling or something, a guy that has produced as much as Pouliot and plays 55% of his starts in the defensive zone.

But what do I know? Brandon Sutter is apparently a power forward.

I'd like to sit in a meeting with my colleagues without being chirped. I guess that's what being insecure feels like.

Ask them about their last Stanley Cup victory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ask them about their last Stanley Cup victory

I don't want any riots. I mean I get it. We have had success with reclamation projects a fair amount. They got theirs, quite a few actually from various teams. Why feel so threatened to keep chirping about it. Good for Pouliot. Most of us said he'd only really figure it out if he got traded to light a fire under his ass. And it seemed to have worked.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I don't want any riots. I mean I get it. We have had success with reclamation projects a fair amount. They got theirs, quite a few actually from various teams. Why feel so threatened to keep chirping about it. Good for Pouliot. Most of us said he'd only really figure it out if he got traded to light a fire under his ass. And it seemed to have worked.

Yeah he needed playing time and we couldn't give it to him. Vancouverites aren't always the best personalities.

Reactions: EightyOne

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
SJ up 3-0 on Sens after 2. Find it funny they traded for Duchene to be all in but are so bad still. Hopefully they wont make the playoffs with that garbage trap hockey.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
SJ up 3-0 on Sens after 2. Find it funny they traded for Duchene to be all in but are so bad still. Hopefully they wont make the playoffs with that garbage trap hockey.

They need to get tougher Reaves for Duchene. It was JR’s plan all along. He’s a genius

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This year it’s:

In JR we trust-ish

You mean in JR & Sullivan we trust-ish.

Mike Yeo has been a pretty solid NHL coach after leaving the Pens after being an assistant. He's only had 1 losing season in his entire NHL career as a coach. Blues are a monster this year with him at the helm.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol, so Karlsson asked for a 10 team trade list.

Man, that Senators team is not going to rebound from losing Karlsson, they may get pieces that might some day get them back to where they want to be, but if you are losing Karlsson, that's devastating especially for that roster.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They jiggle, like a Vancouver cop car on fire when they lose in the SCF.

So at dinner tonight with the Leaf fan and Canucks fan, the Canucks fan went on about how Karlsson and Doughty want max, but that Karlsson being swedish would be easily swayed to come to Vancouver because they have the Sedins, Eriksson, Markstrom, Nilsson, and Edler.

At that point I was so checked out, I have decided to just zone out in any hockey convo's at work and outside of this board.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I haven't read the book lately..I'd award a goal.

Just like a defender throwing a stick with an empty net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad