Around the NHL 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm waiting for the back end when we find out a team like Columbus was offered the moon and then the guy they draft ends up not being worth a damn.
8tnMYbpzPYwBbfFyY2jKmG-1280-80.jpg.webp

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This is just insane. What is wrong with people these days.

The Athletic article about this also indicates that anticipating these sorts of reactions is a not insignificant part of why PLD decided not to go to Montreal:
This front office led by Jeff Gorton and Kent Hughes has had a relatively smooth ride up until now. This is their first brush with the flip side of the passion of the fan base, the accountability and scrutiny that comes with it. I was told Thursday that Pierre-Luc Dubois mentioned this in weighing his decision between following his heart to Montreal or following his head to Los Angeles, and another front office source took that a step further.

“We’re trying to make Montreal a place players want to play,” he said, “and this stuff definitely doesn’t help.”

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
"Not real Habs fans"
"Always a few nutjobs"
<other reasoning that minimizes/dismisses/deflects people sending hate mail to a 17-year old because he was drafted a little higher than expected to play a f***ing game for a living>

Thousands of hate messages

It gets harder and harder to not think we've just completely f***ing failed as a society.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
That is disgusting. I don't know what more to say. I know all Montreal fans are not joining in this but those who are need to have their fan cards removed at the VERY least.

Reactions: hockey diva

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
"Not real Habs fans"
"Always a few nutjobs"
<other reasoning that minimizes/dismisses/deflects people sending hate mail to a 17-year old because he was drafted a little higher than expected to play a f***ing game for a living>

Thousands of hate messages

It gets harder and harder to not think we've just completely f***ing failed as a society.
1 way to know if they were true habs fans....

Was the hatemail in both french and english?

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Toronto, Montreal fans are truly different.
Reference Alabama, Notre Dame football fans in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad