• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Hawks are having a bandwagon draft and I can't decide who I'm rooting for so I wanted in.

So I signed a contract which makes me a Hawks fan for the rest of the day, and then I get drafted.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Philly always plays Pittsburgh hard, especially in the playoffs. Also not too impressed with the Pens when they play 5 on 5. On the power play, they're amazing but this Pens team is not nearly as good as last years. Also, Murray has been Shaky this year but its not like either Elliot or Mrazek are that much better. It should be one of the more fun series to watch.
As for the Jets, man I'm rooting so hard for them their offense is probably the best in the league imo, atleast top 3. And they've had great goaltending this year with Hellebuyck. I'd love to see them make the finals this year, just as long as Tampa wins so we get our extra first next year

Pens are a complete mirage as far as I am concerned. Their Forward lineup is better than last years, but their defense is arguably worse than last years even with Letang back there. For every weapon that PIT has, PHI also has a similar one. Crosby vs Giroux, Malkin vs Voracek, Letang vs Gostisbehere (more lop sided in PIT's favor here, but you get what I am saying), Schultz vs Provorov. Both teams have garbage goaltending, I give the flyers a slight edge since both of their goalies are low-low-tier starters.

It's going to be a HELL of a series, 7 games absolutely. Each game will have like 6-9 combined goals

Reactions: Rangers743 and Ori

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Why does everyone hate the Flyers so much? 80s WWF heels. I'm not saying to like them, but in the gallery of Rangers rogues, they're way below Islanders/Penguins/Canadians/Devils and probably even the Captials. I'd rather they somehow beat Pittsburgh.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Why does everyone hate the Flyers so much? 80s WWF heels. I'm not saying to like them, but in the gallery of Rangers rogues, they're way below Islanders/Penguins/Canadians/Devils and probably even the Captials. I'd rather they somehow beat Pittsburgh.

Close with Caps and Habs for me, but yes, solidly below NJD/NYI/PIT. Could see how it would be different depending on what era you grew up with. Even as a 90s kid, never hated the Flyers the way I did the NJD.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Close with Caps and Habs for me, but yes, solidly below NJD/NYI/PIT. Could see how it would be different depending on what era you grew up with. Even as a 90s kid, never hated the Flyers the way I did the NJD.

I was a young child in the 80s and was a little too young for the Sandstrom/Brown incident, but I remember hearing about a few years later when I started watching every game. Other than that, even when the Flyers were the big tough guys, Rangers knocked them out plenty of times (82,83, 86 being the shocker) and they got the Rangers back a few times as well.

The way I look at it, yes blah blah blah Dale Rolfe,the Gaborik/Carcillo thing was embarrassing, and Gudas hitting Stahlberg was not cool, but it's actually been a very even rivalry, much like Rangers/Caps.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Sleeper team for me is the Ducks. While everyone is expecting the winner of NSH/WPG to represent the West and I believe that as well, the Ducks quietly went to the WCF last year and if they can get out of the first two rounds (no Jumbo Joe to start this series and who knows if he's even effective plus Joel Ward really slowed down this year and father time may overpower his playoff prowess) unscathed since they were pretty beat up all year, the winner of NSH/WPG might be spent.

Reactions: bl02

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
For my own petty reasons:
  • Tampa all the way so we can turn that conditional second round pick into a first next year--and then hopefully a Stanley Cup hangover in which they miss the playoffs and we get a lottery pick
  • Also hoping for a TB sweep of the first round so I can ask all these f***ing white trash Devil fans around me how many playoff games have they won in the past six years? (seriously though, every single Devils fan I know is white trash; you can tell someone is a shitty person if they root for NJD--it's science.) Oh, and our second pick from the Grabner deal will be higher.
  • TOR over BOS so our first round pick from the Nash deal is higher
  • WASH over CBJ because I despise Torts and the bluejackets all together and hope they never win a playoff series.
  • PIT over PHI because it's Philly, duh.
  • MIN over WPG--and a sweep--because I think it would be great if that franchise (dating back to our sweep of the Thrashers in '07) never win a single playoff game
  • ANA over SJS because f*** the Sharks and how they couldn't bury the Kings in '14 being up 3-0 in the first round...I mean are you f***ing kidding me???
  • VGK over LAK despite my post above I don't really hate the Kings, but let's keep the nice storyline of the expansion franchise going
  • COL over NSH because that Predator game a few weeks ago when Staal and Vesey got injured (with no penalties) burned me up
As you can tell, I'm petty af and that's that :D

Last edited:
Reactions: bl02

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I'm low key upset that the condition for our TBL 2019 2nd turning into TBL 2019 1st is winning the cup.

Reactions: Bozle

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I have the Leafs winning the cup.

I don't really know why.

Just a feeling I have

facemeltaot2_2.gif

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
What's the matter, Holtby? I thought the puck didn't know it was the playoffs? :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad