• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Rooting for the Bolts for the pick.

Then hoping for a Cup hangover that pushes next year’s pick into the lottery.

I wonder what the biggest drop off in record from one season to the next in NHL history is

I'm trying to gauge those impossible odds on top of our already steep lottery chances.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I wonder what the biggest drop off in record from one season to the next in NHL history is

I'm trying to gauge those impossible odds on top of our already steep lottery chances.

The Kings would be the most recent example, followed by Carolina in 2007 and The Debbies in 1996.

Kings pick was 13th, but used by the Bruins to take Zboril.

Canes took Brandon Sutter 11th.

Swap Rats took Lance Ward 10th.

Reactions: Bob Richards

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Most interested in PIT-PHI right now because I'm hoping for a repeat of the 2012 playoff insanity they had.

I still don't like this divisonal/wild-card playoff format though. The Bruins finish with 112 points and their reward is a first round opponent who finished with 105 points? The Bruins have the 2nd most points in the conference and have to face a team that was tied for 3rd most points in the conference.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Most interested in PIT-PHI right now because I'm hoping for a repeat of the 2012 playoff insanity they had.

I still don't like this divisonal/wild-card playoff format though. The Bruins finish with 112 points and their reward is a first round opponent who finished with 105 points? The Bruins have the 2nd most points in the conference and have to face a team that was tied for 3rd most points in the conference.

Frankly, I’d rather have the division winners at 1 and two, and then slot the next six teams in order of record. I don’t like three teams in each division being given a spot. Then just re-seed by record.

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
I'm low key upset that the condition for our TBL 2019 2nd turning into TBL 2019 1st is winning the cup.

SAME. Not low key at all actually.

JG really got bent over in that part of the deal--not even gonna get into the Names/Miller part of the deal :shakehead

Seriously, the condition for this pick is literally the toughest thing to do in all of sports?? You couldn't make it 'if McD re-signs' or even 'if they make the finals'. C'mon Gorts...

Phoicon

Take these broken wings and learn to fly again.
Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
SAME. Not low key at all actually.

JG really got bent over in that part of the deal--not even gonna get into the Names/Miller part of the deal :shakehead

Seriously, the condition for this pick is literally the toughest thing to do in all of sports?? You couldn't make it 'if McD re-signs' or even 'if they make the finals'. C'mon Gorts...

If we end up with Hayek, Howden, Bokk + 2nd for McD we probably got fair value due to #27 declining a bit more than we would like to admit.

Namestnikov for Miller, I guess I get the idea of having someone more defensively responsible, but Namestnikov clearly mailed it in at the end of the season with us. Not that I blame players too hard for it as we lacked any kind of plan or structure what to do.

Last edited:

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
Why does everyone hate the Flyers so much? 80s WWF heels. I'm not saying to like them, but in the gallery of Rangers rogues, they're way below Islanders/Penguins/Canadians/Devils and probably even the Captials. I'd rather they somehow beat Pittsburgh.

Being raised in central NJ made me have an undying hatred for the trash city that is Philthadelphia along with all their trash fans in all sports.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Being raised in central NJ made me have an undying hatred for the trash city that is Philthadelphia along with all their trash fans in all sports.

LOL I think I must live in bizarro world, never had any issues with Flyers fans even at the 2012 WC when I was wearing a Rangers jersey. Used to visit Philly often in college because some of my buddies I grew up with went to school there. Always a good time.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
LOL I think I must live in bizarro world, never had any issues with Flyers fans even at the 2012 WC when I was wearing a Rangers jersey. Used to visit Philly often in college because some of my buddies I grew up with went to school there. Always a good time.

I never had issues wearing Rangers' gear at Flyer games either, but I hate the city in general...and Eagles' fans... plus my ex used to live there haha

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia

Living in the Philly burbs, I get more "Lets go Rangers" than anything. Usually the only problem I have is just good natured ball busting

I also have a NY Mets license plate frame and haven't had my tires slashed yet so theres that

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Same, I am sick of these divisional matchups. Last year we had the 111 point Penguins playing the 108 point Jackets--the 4th best team in the league vs the 2nd best team of the league had to play each other in the 1st round. THE FIRST ROUND!

What in the f*** is the point of that? They need to go back to 1-8 2-7 3-6 4-5.... Just keep the divisions and that way you can only have division leaders lock up the top 2 seeds

Reactions: Edge

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Hah, lucky you. Went to a regular season game in like 2014 when the Flyers were well out of it and playing against the Rangers. Had my 14 year old brother with me, as well as my dad, still had people swearing at us in the parking lots and staring us down in the arena... absolutely ridiculous. you'd be thrown out of MSG so fast if you pulled shit like that

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
The Pittsburgh/Philly series will be great to watch no matter who wins. I am hoping in the worst way that the Lightning sweep and Colorado knocks off the Predators. I hate that team so much now.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Hah, lucky you. Went to a regular season game in like 2014 when the Flyers were well out of it and playing against the Rangers. Had my 14 year old brother with me, as well as my dad, still had people swearing at us in the parking lots and staring us down in the arena... absolutely ridiculous. you'd be thrown out of MSG so fast if you pulled **** like that
I never went to Philly for a game but I've always got along with Flyers fans. They do know their hockey for the most part. They are better to talk hockey with than Pens' fans, that's for sure. Pens' fans are total bandwaggoners.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Rooting for the Bolts for the pick.

Then hoping for a Cup hangover that pushes next year’s pick into the lottery.
I'm getting the feeling that the Lightning will become the next Washington Capitals. I am afraid they will crash and burn in this playoffs. I hope I'm wrong [I want the Devils out asap].

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad