Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Good call. The Leafs just beat their heads in.

This seems to happen to Carolina every time they get close to a playoff spot, not even just this season. They'll trudge their way up to 9th-10th, and then just get clubbed back down. :laugh:
Their lineup is just so underwhelming talentwise to me. I could see that franchise in Quebec City in a few years.

mrjiggyfly

Jun 1, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I live in Las Vegas. I can't get over how well the Knights are playing. Unbelievable win against Tampa Bay tonight. These guys play every shift like it's game 7 of the Cup finals. They are 10x better than I thought. Also, the arena is outstanding. Any seat is a good seat. It's easy to move around. The location is perfect. I highly recommend coming out to see your team or any game out here. Just don't expect them to win. Looking forward to going to the game on Jan 7!!

Reactions: aufheben

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Brassard is one of the those guys who is excellent in the right system and the right role - he was a very good fit for the Rangers. (Which is something to keep in mind with a guy like Grabner.)

The challenge with Duchene is that going back to his draft year, there were some questions about whether his offense was quite enough for the first line, or whether he was more of a second line center.

However, somewhere along the way, people started over-projecting him and that can only lead to disappointment when you're expecting him to come in and be that high-end offensive guy.

I like Duchene a lot, but my concern was always the cost versus a reasonable offensive expectation.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
TSN is about to do a segment on Dahlin.

He pronounces it Da-leen. He can lay the body as well as skate. Sick hands.

Last edited:

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Don't know. I don't really follow any teams closely outside the Rangers. I was intrigued by CBJ-Tor, that's why I tuned in. Their PP looked good tonight. It's got Jones and Werenski in the back, so no idea why it has sucked.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
So what happened with Brayden Schenn? He's tied for 11th in the league in scoring.
He was always insanely talented and one of the best Junior hockey players ever. He lost a bit of confidence with the Flyers and became a one-dimensional, albeit skilled PP producer. I guess it's sort of like Marc Savard who needed a change in scenery in the worst way.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
That goal by Brad Marchand was amazing. Angle was so low and he roofed it.
Hands. Pure talent.
Perhaps not a player loved by any but Bruins fans, but he is so good.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
And then if they lose Karlsson? lol. I love Poile, dude has the resolve to trade their franchise player and captain, then the team makes the SCF following the trade.

Hah I didn't even catch that. Nah I'm from New Jersey,

Yeah that's even worse.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Good call. The Leafs just beat their heads in.

This seems to happen to Carolina every time they get close to a playoff spot, not even just this season. They'll trudge their way up to 9th-10th, and then just get clubbed back down. :laugh:
That won't stop the hockey hipsters for putting their defense as top 5 in the league though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad