Around the NHL 2017-18: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Maybe. Good thing we have a ton of ammo to move up in the draft if that's the case
I really don't wanna trade a first round pick that could be an addison or kravtsov but i guess reality is reality.
Trading from say 11th/12th to a top 5 is gonna take a kings ransom i feel.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Everything goalie they touch turns to horse****. Berube was supposed to be their guy after they were ambivilent on Greiss and waived Halak and sent him to the minors. Now Gibson is starting games for them and getting blown out with 5 goals on 12 shots. They've had Chad Johnson, Michal Neuvrith, Anders Nilsson, and forcing Nabokov to play for them plus forcing Visnovsky to play for them too. what a franchise.

Hilariously saw one idiot on a social media platform a while back crowing they now had not one, but two goalies who were better than Hank. Apart from obvious blind stupidity, it might show that a sample size of more than three games could be needed before thinking you've discovered anyone in the same ballpark as No.30

Reactions: Rongomania and bl02

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
I really don't wanna trade a first round pick that could be an addison or kravtsov but i guess reality is reality.
Trading from say 11th/12th to a top 5 is gonna take a kings ransom i feel.

This is one of the most interesting points moving into this draft. I've been out the loop the last few years since we hadn't had a first round pick for eons, and I didn't have time to delve into last years draft.

Already been busy looking into this one in depth, and of course it's majorly helped by out collection of picks. From the consensus and from a lot of you boys on here, looks like it is really going to be an interesting one and much will depend on the strategy of JG.

Reactions: bl02 and Rongomania

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
This is one of the most interesting points moving into this draft. I've been out the loop the last few years since we hadn't had a first round pick for eons, and I didn't have time to delve into last years draft.

Already been busy looking into this one in depth, and of course it's majorly helped by out collection of picks. From the consensus and from a lot of you boys on here, looks like it is really going to be an interesting one and much will depend on the strategy of JG.
So what are you guys thinking?

Zucc + BOS 1st + Our 2nd

Top five of this draft??

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So what are you guys thinking?

Zucc + BOS 1st + Our 2nd

Top five of this draft??

That will definitely not get it done. At this rate will more likely be our own first rounder plus zucc plus tampa first or our second.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

If lets say we have the 11th or 12th pick. for us to get to a top 5 pick it would take a haul from us. If hopefully we can get a 8/9 pick i feel like we should be able to get one of Bouchard, Dobson or Smith. Is getting a boqvist or wahlstrom worth trading our first rounder (lets say bouchard or Smith) plus our boston first rounder (lets say possibly Kravtsov or Addison) plus more? IDK.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Its just so depressing to think this last week or two will cost us one of the boston/tb first round picks we got.

To be fair, the odds of us slipping into the bottom five were slim to none to begin with. I figured seventh last was optimistic, and that looks to be holding true.

We lost nine in a row, and I don't think we were ever worse than eight last (although I could be wrong about that). We're battling against teams that are a lot better at losing than we have been for a long, long time.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Its just so depressing to think this last week or two will cost us one of the boston/tb first round picks we got.

I honestly just called my dad an hour ago and told him that “In ten years when we’re still cup-less, I will point all blame to that trade deadline we unloaded and then magically looked great.”

All kidding aside, we have enough pieces (more than enough) to get into that top five, but you guys honestly don’t think Zucc + Bos 1st + Our second gets a serious player (either high pick or established, young-ish player) ?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I honestly just called my dad an hour ago and told him that “In ten years when we’re still cup-less, I will point all blame to that trade deadline we unloaded and then magically looked great.”

All kidding aside, we have enough pieces (more than enough) to get into that top five, but you guys honestly don’t think Zucc + Bos 1st + Our second gets a serious player (either high pick or established, young-ish player) ?

What do you consider a high pick? top 3? top 5? top 7/8? I think it could get us around the 10th-15th pick at best.
Sure Zucc plus our boston first and a second can get us a possible top 6 guy but honestly I would rather use those assets to move up in draft.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
and out of a possible 12 tank points tonight None to be had. The Islanders, Canadiens, Coyotes, Sabres, Blackhawks and Wings all lose.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
What do you consider a high pick? top 3? top 5? top 7/8? I think it could get us around the 10th-15th pick at best.
Sure Zucc plus our boston first and a second can get us a possible top 6 guy but honestly I would rather use those assets to move up in draft.

I mean, inside the top 7 for that package shouldn’t be unrealistic? I think we all have no idea what teams were offering for Zucc...

I just have a feeling that Gorts isn’t sweating this like we are. He’s going to get one of those top guys, regardless of where our lotto ticket lands us. He just has A LOT of work to do, except now he’s got a ton of ammo. I firmly believe some of the guys we picked up were guys highly coveted by other teams and that’s the type of wheeling and dealing he’s going to do. Package our guys with the newbies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I mean, inside the top 7 for that package shouldn’t be unrealistic? I think we all have no idea what teams were offering for Zucc...

I just have a feeling that Gorts isn’t sweating this like we are. He’s going to get one of those top guys, regardless of where our lotto ticket lands us. He just has A LOT of work to do, except now he’s got a ton of ammo. I firmly believe some of the guys we picked up were guys highly coveted by other teams and that’s the type of wheeling and dealing he’s going to do. Package our guys with the newbies.

Our first plus zucc maybe gets us into the top 7 and I love zucc. I just feel those 7 teams are super hungry for an elite level impact player like a Boqvist or Wahlstrom or even Bouchard. Don't see them giving it up. I know I sure as hell wouldn't.
Maybe Montreal would be dumb enough to take our Boston first and zibby for their 5th overall??? They need a number 1/2 center and their only hope right now for one is Ryan Poehling and he's years away

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Our first plus zucc maybe gets us into the top 7 and I love zucc. I just feel those 7 teams are super hungry for an elite level impact player like a Boqvist or Wahlstrom or even Bouchard. Don't see them giving it up. I know I sure as hell wouldn't.
Maybe Montreal would be dumb enough to take our Boston first and zibby for their 5th overall??? They need a number 1/2 center and their only hope right now for one is Ryan Poehling and he's years away

Ugh, I don’t know about that Poehling kid, time will tell on that one and the way the Habs bobble prospects, who the F knows really.

The thing that’ll really burn about losing Ziba is the fact that he is still chock full of potential.. you know? We’ve seen what he can do, you know, when he is not having freak leg injuries and concussion issues (which he seems to have fully recovered from). So, it would have to be a real nice piece coming back, I think he’s more valuable now than he was when he came to us, PPG’s this year while battling issues.

Another thing that’ll suck if we lose him is you might as well say bye-bye to Kreids too, no? He has looked the best I have ever seen playing with Ziba, in my mind, one goes, both should.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Ugh, I don’t know about that Poehling kid, time will tell on that one and the way the Habs bobble prospects, who the F knows really.

The thing that’ll really burn about losing Ziba is the fact that he is still chock full of potential.. you know? We’ve seen what he can do, you know, when he is not having freak leg injuries and concussion issues (which he seems to have fully recovered from). So, it would have to be a real nice piece coming back, I think he’s more valuable now than he was when he came to us, PPG’s this year while battling issues.

Another thing that’ll suck if we lose him is you might as well say bye-bye to Kreids too, no? He has looked the best I have ever seen playing with Ziba, in my mind, one goes, both should.

Yeah Poehling is of course a wait and see but right now their only hope at a future legit top 1 or 2 center iceman (may turn out to be a bust. like you said who knows).

Zibby has lots of potential only thing that worries me is the number of head injuries (multiple concussions) and the fact he doesn't seem to be as effective when Kreider isn't there. They really do well together.
I think Kreider can succeed without him.
Maybe i am undervaluing Mika but if Montreal offered us their 4th or 5th pick for Mika and one of our lower first round picks it would be worth pondering at the very least.

Reactions: Rongomania

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Yeah Poehling is of course a wait and see but right now their only hope at a future legit top 1 or 2 center iceman (may turn out to be a bust. like you said who knows).

Zibby has lots of potential only thing that worries me is the number of head injuries (multiple concussions) and the fact he doesn't seem to be as effective when Kreider isn't there. They really do well together.
I think Kreider can succeed without him.
Maybe i am undervaluing Mika but if Montreal offered us their 4th or 5th pick for Mika and one of our lower first round picks it would be worth pondering at the very least.

**iiiiit if they’d give us that pick straight up that’d be amazing, but something tells me even dumb, dumb MB isn’t actually dumb enough to **** that up. Going to be one helluva offseason boys. Rock and roll.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Islanders rn:
AL0p9HZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad