Around the NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Might as well put it on record, the LA Kings will be the first repeat champion since the Detroit Red Wings. Depending on what Rask looks like I kind of like the Bruins to get out. I really think New York will disappoint a lot of the believers.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Might as well put it on record, the LA Kings will be the first repeat champion since the Detroit Red Wings. Depending on what Rask looks like I kind of like the Bruins to get out. I really think New York will disappoint a lot of the believers.

conversely i'll put this on record:

one of Los Angeles/St. Louis will miss the Playoffs this year

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Kane scored assisted by Hossa. So much for the dream start in LA.

Ugh...Pierre is covering the Pens game. But can't watch LA game because of blackout restrictions? I'm in freaking Europe!!

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Chicago scares me in a short season.... I feel they can be so streaky, and if they start off hot, watch out.

With their goalies, it wouldn't surprise me if they struggle to make the playoffs. It also wouldn't surprise me if goalies are half-decent and they are able to run away and hide.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Just as I was going to say Bryz looks sharp they concede with a Pens PP goal. Made some solid saves early on though.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
We have our first Pierre McGuire Foolishly Misreads A Play In Order to Gush About Crosby Moment of the year.

Crosby bats the puck out of the defensive zone with his hand - the puck misses going over the glass by about 4 inches.

Pierre gushes about what a great play it was because he didn't grab the puck and throw it. To recap, Crosby almost got himself an automatic penalty on a simple play and Pierre thinks it's EPIC.

Hockey is definitely back. :laugh:

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
3-0 Hawks, Hossa with a couple helpers so far

Not sure that it qualifies as a Stanley Cup hangover, but maybe the Kings are suffering the after-effects of that incredibly long and tedious pre-game ceremony. I thought it was never going to end, and kept wishing that NBC would cut to the Pens/Flyers game until the Kings were ready for the puck drop.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Who do we think wins the Brian Savage Award this year? I'd call it the Mr October Award but it's January. Every year there's someone that comes out of nowhere scoring like crazy and then falls off the face of the earth completely after a about a month.

I'm going to go with Michael Ryder. Actually, he wouldn't really be coming out of nowhere. Guess I'll go with Andrew Shaw.

Bob Probert Owns You

Sep 25, 2007
MI
Who do we think wins the Brian Savage Award this year? I'd call it the Mr October Award but it's January. Every year there's someone that comes out of nowhere scoring like crazy and then falls off the face of the earth completely after a about a month.

I'm going to go with Michael Ryder. Actually, he wouldn't really be coming out of nowhere. Guess I'll go with Andrew Shaw.

Scott Gomez, after he signs with SJ.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids

Just to see eva unit's head explode... Hudler. :)

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Damien Brunner. :naughty:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Not sure that it qualifies as a Stanley Cup hangover, but maybe the Kings are suffering the after-effects of that incredibly long and tedious pre-game ceremony. I thought it was never going to end, and kept wishing that NBC would cut to the Pens/Flyers game until the Kings were ready for the puck drop.

They were physical and had a bunch of hits but I think they miss Kopitar. Quick also looks mortal in this game.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
It looks like puck possession and speed are going to be key this year more than normal years. Of course, it's the first couple of games of the season.

It looks like Interference is actually going to be called this year as well...

Bob Probert Owns You

Sep 25, 2007
MI
Switched to this game since the LA-Chi game isn't competitive. Sounds like Karlsson hasn't had a great start to the season which is a surprise since he was playing in Europe.

Karlsson struggled handling the puck in the 1st, but he is settling down. He's so damn smooth in transition offense. I'm jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad