Around the NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWingsNow*

Fistric handles the puck like it is a live grenade at times, at least whenever I have seen him play. He does some of the other things we want but I don't think he is comforable enough within the Wings system to work out.

You don't need everyone to be a puckmover.
Fistrict can be your off-the-glass and out guy. We really need a guy who LOVES defense.A guy who loves to clear the crease, etc.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Is Redden really a upgrade over Cola? He'll probably be healthier, but is he better?

I think he will flourish with somebody like Pietrangelo.

Redden - Pietrangelo
Jackman - Shattenkirk
Russell - Polak
(Colin White)

That is just excellent defence.

The most predicted Stanley Cup final has been St. Louis vs. NY Rangers. If that happens, I just want to see Redden lifting that trophy on front of all those crying Ranger-eyes.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Good news for Red Wings fans... St. Louis will be rolling with 2 1/2 pairs on their blue line... And now that I've said that, Redden is gonna score a hatty or go nuts...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Don't know if I said it on a main board or here, but put out there a couple days ago that in my opinion Redden to the Blues was the worst possible outcome for Wings fans.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Don't know if I said it on a main board or here, but put out there a couple days ago that in my opinion Redden to the Blues was the worst possible outcome for Wings fans.

Why? A 35 year old who hasn't played in the league for years? It's a nice little project for them, but Pieterangelo and Shattenkirk are what worries me, not Wade Redden.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Why? A 35 year old who hasn't played in the league for years? It's a nice little project for them, but Pieterangelo and Shattenkirk are what worries me, not Wade Redden.

They needed a left handed d-man and I think Wade Redden still has NHL talent and offers something to St. Louis. It also keeps them from making a more dicey trade to address this need. Shattenkirk and Pieterangelo aren't going to play on the same pairing while they worry me this was a risk I thought was worth taking for St. Louis and one I hoped they didn't take.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
They needed a left handed d-man and I think Wade Redden still has NHL talent and offers something to St. Louis. It also keeps them from making a more dicey trade to address this need. Shattenkirk and Pieterangelo aren't going to play on the same pairing while they worry me this was a risk I thought was worth taking for St. Louis and one I hoped they didn't take.

Hitchcock wanted him, so he'll definitely use him. I just don't see him being super effective.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I think he will flourish with somebody like Pietrangelo.

Redden - Pietrangelo
Jackman - Shattenkirk
Russell - Polak
(Colin White)

That is just excellent defence.

The most predicted Stanley Cup final has been St. Louis vs. NY Rangers. If that happens, I just want to see Redden lifting that trophy on front of all those crying Ranger-eyes.

Don't see Redden playing 1st pairing with Petro. But you never know, I guess.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Apparently 6/$30m. Edler left at least $20 mil on the table. 7/$50m would not have been surprising on the open market.

Very good deal for Vancouver although Edler does come with injury concerns. Although on the open market teams would have just hoped for the best us probably being one of them. just saying not risk free, but certainly a very good value.

RedWingsNow*

Edler is extremely overrated.
I think, like many potential UFAs, he'll take a "hometown discount" that really isn't such a big discount at all, because he knows the offseason market will be tight.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Edler is extremely overrated.
I think, like many potential UFAs, he'll take a "hometown discount" that really isn't such a big discount at all, because he knows the offseason market will be tight.

The offseason market will never be tight, though. It wasn't even bad the year the cap was instituted and some teams had to cut their payrolls in half.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
In this case, I think Vancouver dodged one not having to sign him to market value. But he's worth the deal he got. Coming off a career year, I don't think he's a regular 50 pt D and his defense is kinda like Kronwall's, flashier than it is effective.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
In this case, I think Vancouver dodged one not having to sign him to market value. But he's worth the deal he got. Coming off a career year, I don't think he's a regular 50 pt D and his defense is kinda like Kronwall's, flashier than it is effective.

Yeah I am not sure Edler's defensive game will ever be strong enough to be a true #1. He doesn't have the limitations of a Green or Yandle, but I am not sure he is going to get a ton better like some people expect.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Yeah I am not sure Edler's defensive game will ever be strong enough to be a true #1. He doesn't have the limitations of a Green or Yandle, but I am not sure he is going to get a ton better like some people expect.

That being said, even being a consistent 40-45 point 22-24 minute man is worth 5M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad