Around the NHL #15 - Ovie is Not a Choker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The Canucks “prospect” base is so wildly overrated and I would gladly make both those deals with Vancouver again if those are looked at as positives it shows just how god awful Benning is.

Great day for Flames fans.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Fleecing Dorion on the Burrows deal and drafting Pettersson/Boeser/Gaudette/Lind/some other good guys as well as winning two trades vs Brad (though Andersson will likely end up being a good player)

Except for drafting Virtanen and the Kesler->McCann->Gudbranson fiasco his track record has been pretty good imo. Other GMs are definitely worse.

I would give him Boeser and perhaps Pettersson. I wouldnt count the other guys until they show something in the pro.

As for the deals with the Flames, he may have won but the prize were very small. Baeatschi is a middle 6 and Granlun is a fringe player.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Fleecing Dorion on the Burrows deal and drafting Pettersson/Boeser/Gaudette/Lind/some other good guys as well as winning two trades vs Brad (though Andersson will likely end up being a good player)

Except for drafting Virtanen and the Kesler->McCann->Gudbranson fiasco his track record has been pretty good imo. Other GMs are definitely worse.

Agreed, HOWEVER you forgot he got fleeced on the Bonino/Sutter trade. Trading a true 2C for a mediocre 3RW is how you go from a 100 point team to a bottom feeder.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Sven would sure look good on this team right now. I don’t care what anyone says.

Playing where and offering what?

He has weak stats being handed way bigger minutes than he gets on a non-bottom 5 team.

He adds nothing to this team because he is only able to score if given way more minutes than he can handle on a good team.

Good riddance to that sack of crap.

Reactions: Elias Pettersson

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Agreed but I don't think he'd ever be what he is now if he stayed here. I do wish we kept Granlund though

Well for example, he could be playing LW on the Backlund line. He’s essentially producing at the same rate as Frolik, he’s better than Brouwer and Hathaway, I don’t have my beer or hate goggles or whatever onto say he wouldn’t be a help to our team like some do (I’m not at all referring to you).

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well for example, he could be playing LW on the Backlund line. He’s essentially producing at the same rate as Frolik, he’s better than Brouwer and Hathaway, I don’t have my beer or hate goggles or whatever onto say he wouldn’t be a help to our team like some do (I’m not at all referring to you).

Ahead of Tkachuk?

Plus Baertschi sucks defensive and is weak as hell physically. I think he would be awful in that role and likely sulk if he was asked to play it.

Reactions: Elias Pettersson

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Ahead of Tkachuk?

Plus Baertschi sucks defensive and is weak as hell physically. I think he would be awful in that role and likely sulk if he was asked to play it.

I don’t think he would suck. Backlund has a tendency of propping other players up and Sven is on pace to score 40pts this year while missing a decent chunk of games, those are top 6 numbers. Moving Tkachuk down with Janks and Bennett would balance out our lines.

Regardless it won’t happen him coming back, but I would welcome him here. I think he’s grown up a lot since leaving here.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don’t think he would suck. Backlund has a tendency of propping other players up and Sven is on pace to score 40pts this year while missing a decent chunk of games, those are top 6 numbers. Moving Tkachuk down with Janks and Bennett would balance out our lines.

Regardless it won’t happen him coming back, but I would welcome him here. I think he’s grown up a lot since leaving here.
Your Svendetta game is weak

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Sven would sure look good on this team right now. I don’t care what anyone says.
vyvHAj0.gif

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Do you think the divisions will be remade when Seattle joins the league? They need to be in the Pacific but the Central has one less team. Does one team move over? Is there a realignment or a complete shakeup with more/less divisions. Maybe just the two conferences?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Do you think the divisions will be remade when Seattle joins the league? They need to be in the Pacific but the Central has one less team. Does one team move over? Is there a realignment or a complete shakeup with more/less divisions. Maybe just the two conferences?

I don't know which team goes where, but 100% they willl have 4 conferences with 8 teams.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I think there's no reasonable way to go back to three divisions with the number of teams, and alignment would make it tough to have it four divisions of four teams in a 16 team conference.

I think you'll see Seattle moved into the pacific division, Vegas or Arizona will be shifted to central division, and Nashville moved to the eastern conference.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think there's no reasonable way to go back to three divisions with the number of teams, and alignment would make it tough to have it four divisions of four teams in a 16 team conference.

I think you'll see Seattle moved into the pacific division, Vegas or Arizona will be shifted to central division, and Nashville moved to the eastern conference.
Why would Nashville move to the East? The Central currently has 7 teams.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

As AS just said there’s one less team in the West so no one can really move over. Someone suggested on the main board that Calgary and Edmonton move to the Central while Seattle could join the pacific

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
As AS just said there’s one less team in the West so no one can really move over. Someone suggested on the main board that Calgary and Edmonton move to the Central while Seattle could join the pacific

I don't think they'll intentionally misbalance the divisions. There is really no reason they wouldn't just put Seattle in the Pacific and put Arizona in the Central. Done deal.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

If it were my call, I'd just move Arizona to the central, Chicago into the Metro, and Carolina into the Atlantic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad