Around the NHL #14 - Offseason and junk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Bit of question mark for both sides. Sergachev has massive potential but is still unproven.

Meanwhile, the Canadiens just gave up their best trade chip for yet another left winger when they already have Pacioretty and Lekhonen but almost nothing down the middle.

Tampa Bay did free up an expansion draft slot while the Habs finally get their French-Canadian star.

All in all, about time there was finally a blockbuster.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Remember last year when I said we should trade up and take Tkachuk/Dubois and that if we don't we should take Sergachev (who was my 6th BPA... let's forget the part where I wanted Logan Brown over Nylander...although I always stated I never focused on Keller, he was always the wildcard.)

Kinda right but who saw Tkachuk falling to 6 :laugh:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Remember last year when I said we should trade up and take Tkachuk/Dubois and that if we don't we should take Sergachev (who was my 6th BPA... let's forget the part where I wanted Logan Brown over Nylander...although I always stated I never focused on Keller, he was always the wildcard.)

Kinda right but who saw Tkachuk falling to 6 :laugh:

jimbenning.jpg

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Bit of question mark for both sides. Sergachev has massive potential but is still unproven.

Meanwhile, the Canadiens just gave up their best trade chip for yet another left winger when they already have Pacioretty and Lekhonen but almost nothing down the middle.

Tampa Bay did free up an expansion draft slot while the Habs finally get their French-Canadian star.

All in all, about time there was finally a blockbuster.

Drouin will likely play centre for the Habs, which is their area of need. They wouldn't have made this trade if they saw him as a left winger.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Drouin will likely play centre for the Habs, which is their area of need. They wouldn't have made this trade if they saw him as a left winger.

If they are planning on moving Galchenyuk for a center or a defenseman it's hard to say.

To me its a good deal for both.

Montreal
Pro: Stud young offensive forward
Pro: Could play center
Con: their defense is looking long in the tooth and lacking true blue chips in the prospect pool
Con: Drouin will cost more, when they are already worrying about paying Price and Galchenyuk

Tampa
Pro: Solid, blue chip prospect in a position of need
Pro: Moving Drouin means they don't need to protect him and can protect someone else.
Pro: ELC versus whatever Drouin is going to get
Con: Gamble on Sergachev
Con: lost a lot of offense up front with Filpula and Drouin gone. Stamkos is gonna have to stay healthy.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Six years/5.5M per for Drouin

The Lightning tried that for a while but it didn't last for whatever reason.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Was it really a failed experiment, or did they just prefer other guys down the middle?

Dunno. Just remember they tried it a couple of times but it never lasted. They also made him play centre in his draft+1 year when they sent him down to juniors but as soon as he came up it was as a winger again.

I'm sure the Habs will give it a shot but I'm guessing their first choice right now is to move Galchenyuk or something else for a bonafide centre.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Just so people are aware the Flames never had a realistic chance at Drouin

And also why it'd be awfully nice for their developmental system to get into gear as potential top pairing defencemen are worth their weight in gold on the trade market right now.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yeah it's pretty much a done deal now that Galchenyuk is a goner for a Dman. And yes, I think Dru will be given a long look at C.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

This guy had a ton of potential. It's too bad about his concussion issues.
If he was somewhat healthy, I'd love him on our bottom pairing. Big, tough, but can skate and actually has IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad