Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I just think people are curious about you supposedly playing in the USHL for the Indiana Ice. You basically refuse to engage in discussion about transitions, zone play, and systems on here, but you played in the best junior league in the US, and didn't go on to play college hockey or anything else after? That's pretty much standard for players in the USHL. BTW, I can tell you there were only 3 kids from Illinois that played for Indiana from 2004-2009, and could also give you their names if you wanted. Two of those three played minor pro, and one played Junior A. Just sayin.

No one has called Q the devil, btw. We've said his systems are outdated and have been proven to be ineffective at this point. At least with the talent he has, and the way the opposition counters them. You refuse to explain how they're still effective, though.
So u found out who I am. I’d appreciate u keeping that private as it seems people don’t like my opinions on the Blackhawks on here. When you say engage in discussions on zone play and transision offense and forechecking I’m not sure what u want me to say. Do you want me to explain how the hawks do it?? Do you want me to say why I believe the hawks system will work with better talent? It’s just that the “systems” have proven to work the last ten years and the basis of all of this is that I think the players aren’t good enough to win in any system. (With the injuries and down years)U think they can win with a different playing philosophy. I keep saying they don’t have the talent and you keep implying I don’t know what I’m talking about because I say that but if u don’t have the players you can not win.

Are the spurs systems outdated? Is that pops fault Or do they not have the players this year??

I don’t think the hawks had the talent this year to win with any system. Even if they slowed everything down clogged the neutral zone played a 1-2-2 forcheck and boxed everything in. They could trap all game I don’t believe we have the defense to make that work. I’m not sure how many times I can make my opinion on that clear.

That’s gunna be the last I talk about this because it’s uncomfortable that u felt the need to track me down. I hope you are okay w that

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Watching Colorado has been a pleasure that team speed and skill is crazy. McKinnon might be my new favorite player to watch in the entire nhl. That assist on the tying goal was insannnnne.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
So u found out who I am. I’d appreciate u keeping that private as it seems people don’t like my opinions on the Blackhawks on here. When you say engage in discussions on zone play and transision offense and forechecking I’m not sure what u want me to say. Do you want me to explain how the hawks do it?? Do you want me to say why I believe the hawks system will work with better talent? It’s just that the “systems” have proven to work the last ten years and the basis of all of this is that I think the players aren’t good enough to win in any system. (With the injuries and down years)U think they can win with a different playing philosophy. I keep saying they don’t have the talent and you keep implying I don’t know what I’m talking about because I say that but if u don’t have the players you can not win.

Are the spurs systems outdated? Is that pops fault Or do they not have the players this year??

I don’t think the hawks had the talent this year to win with any system. Even if they slowed everything down clogged the neutral zone played a 1-2-2 forcheck and boxed everything in. They could trap all game I don’t believe we have the defense to make that work. I’m not sure how many times I can make my opinion on that clear.

That’s gunna be the last I talk about this because it’s uncomfortable that u felt the need to track me down. I hope you are okay w that

The Spurs made the playoffs without their best player missing basically the whole year and Patty Mills was the only player to play ever game. If you really think that compares with what happened to this team missing Crawford ~30 games then I don't know what to tell you.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
The Spurs made the playoffs without their best player missing basically the whole year and Patty Mills was the only player to play ever game. If you really think that compares with what happened to this team missing Crawford ~30 games then I don't know what to tell you.
Aging vets, missing top players because of injury and losing top talent from years before. It’s really not to much a leap. Obviously they are not the exact same as they are not even the same sport. Thought that may be a given.

Edit. Shit I got sucked back in.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Aging vets, missing top players because of injury and losing top talent from years before. It’s really not to much a leap. Obviously they are not the exact same as they are not even the same sport. Thought that may be a given.

Sure, the circumstances were somewhat similar, the results were totally different though, that's where the criticism breaks down.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Just had a thought. Every team for the last few years that has won the presidents trophy has won their first round, but bowed out of the playoffs within the next two rounds of the playoffs. The last playoff to not have that happen to was a little team called the 2013 Hawks.

So unless Nashville is a reincarnated 2013 Hawks team, they ain't winning jack shit.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Chuck Fletcher has been let go as GM for the Wild. Owner says he wants to take a different approach to winning the cup, so sounds like Minny might be tanking and rebuilding for the next few years.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So happy with this new format, and the fact that the likely best series of the playoffs, plus the elimination of one of the best teams in the playoffs... will happen in the second round.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'd change the format back to the 1-8 setup, but this format doesn't bother me much to be honest. If you want to win the cup you have to beat whoever's in front of you. And most years, there's several upsets that make the seeding somewhat irrelevant. The best playoff series (despite the Hawks losing) I've ever seen was a 5 seed vs a 6 seed in the conference finals.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I actually think the complaints are pretty overblown. Back in 09 or in 14, losing in the WCF didn't feel more satisfying than the first round exits we've had recently. Its Cup or bust. Every year that you're a Cup contender. CUP OR BUST.

You generally have to beat at least 2 great teams anyway so I don't see the merit behind being upset in which round that matchup occurs in.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
So happy with this new format, and the fact that the likely best series of the playoffs, plus the elimination of one of the best teams in the playoffs... will happen in the second round.
I don't get this view as if that wasn't what constantly happened in the previous 1-8 format. The Hawks 10 and 13 had far greater matchups of better teams in the 2nd round and blew by those confrence finals. The other teams in that year mostly had that scenario too. Yet since 2014 I'd say the WCF's have been much better

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't get this view as if that wasn't what constantly happened in the previous 1-8 format. The Hawks 10 and 13 had far greater matchups of better teams in the 2nd round and blew by those confrence finals. The other teams in that year mostly had that scenario too. Yet since 2014 I'd say the WCF's have been much better

I don't remember it "constantly" happening. Once in a while, maybe, yeah. That's to be expected. Just seems lame that you have the Preds or the Jets bowing out before the WCF. This WCF has the potential to be great, still, even with one of these two teams knocked out, but it doesn't always work out that way. To each their own, I guess.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I don't remember it "constantly" happening. Once in a while, maybe, yeah. That's to be expected. Just seems lame that you have the Preds or the Jets bowing out before the WCF. This WCF has the potential to be great, still, even with one of these two teams knocked out, but it doesn't always work out that way. To each their own, I guess.

Neither is getting past the universal law defying Knights anyway.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
What a weird situation in Carolina. They boot Francis "upstairs" to President of Hockey Ops, but the owner plans to hire his own GM who will have the ability to report directly to him and bypass Francis. So it was pretty clear at the outset he's just a figurehead now. They've yet to hire said GM yet, largely based on a complete lack of interest, however, they hire a Vice President of Hockey Operations who they say will handle contract negotiations and "other hockey operations matters". So, not only have you rumored to be low-balling offers for the GM position financially, and you've proven to kind of be a "meddling" type owner, but you've hired someone else to handle contract negotiations which is typically a significant role the GM handles.

What exactly are you expecting your GM to do whenever you even manage to find someone desperate enough to take the position? What a clown show.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What a weird situation in Carolina. They boot Francis "upstairs" to President of Hockey Ops, but the owner plans to hire his own GM who will have the ability to report directly to him and bypass Francis. So it was pretty clear at the outset he's just a figurehead now. They've yet to hire said GM yet, largely based on a complete lack of interest, however, they hire a Vice President of Hockey Operations who they say will handle contract negotiations and "other hockey operations matters". So, not only have you rumored to be low-balling offers for the GM position financially, and you've proven to kind of be a "meddling" type owner, but you've hired someone else to handle contract negotiations which is typically a significant role the GM handles.

What exactly are you expecting your GM to do whenever you even manage to find someone desperate enough to take the position? What a clown show.

Peters leaving that much talent kind of show the shit show as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad