Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Fleury gave up just three goals in four games against LA. I remember when Rinne did that **** to us a year ago. I feel a little bad for Kings fans. Only a little.

Not to take much away from Rinne or the Preds...but the 'hawks couldn't score even if they walked into a Tijuana brothel with a $100 tied to their junk. As much as that has to be a feather in Rinne's cap, it has to be a toilet seat around our core's necks.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
:laugh:

You're*
How can anyone take you seriously if you don't even understand how to use a word correctly? It's not difficult. You're means you are. Your denotes possession of something.

Coach Q and his outdated garbage systems are what is wrong. Please tell me how having bottom third PK% and bottom 5 PP% in the NHL is good from a coaching standpoint? Please tell me how handcuffing your D from skating the puck out of the zone, and instead relying on an outdated "wingers fly the zone for a stretch pass" breakout system is good? Please explain how changing the lines every.single.game is good? Please tell me how having 7 or 8 D on the roster all season, and none of them ever having a consistent partner, is good? Hell, even when they had a consistent D partner(which was rare), the partners were ridiculously stupid. Please explain to me how healthy scratching better players for worse ones the entire season, is good? Please tell me how making DeBrincat "earn" his top 6 and PP time when it was obvious to anyone with eyes he should be in the top 6 from the very first game, and the top PP unit, is good?

Cat is probably a Calder finalist if he is properly utilized the entire season, instead of constantly being bounced around and dicked around with his ice time and PP time.

He had 168 minutes in October 12 games 2 ot
He had 188 in November 13 games 3 ot
He had 208 in December 13 games 4 ot
He had 162 in January 12 games 1 ot
He had 204 in February 13 games 1 ot
He had 238 in March. 16 games 3 ot

Guess what also happened in November, his hot month, and his best month of the season? He had the most PP time he had all season, seeing roughly 3 minutes per game, as opposed to less than 2 just about every other month.

His linemates in November? AA, Sharp, Toews, Saad, Panik. Holy ****! It's almost like an elite offensive talent does better when put on a line with other top 6 players! Who would have thought?

His least productive time this season - December to February, his most common linemates were Sharp and Hartman... and then the end of February to April, his most consistent linemates were Ejdsell, Sikura, AA, and Jurco.

Yeah, dick around the 2nd best offensive player on your team! Way to go Q! And nah... don't try to play him with Kane at all. Like ever. That would be a terrible idea... put an elite sniper on a line with an elite playmaker... nahhhhhhhhhhhh won't work.

Why don't you stop scratching Q's nuts and defending him every chance you get, and actually open your eyes and see what one of the biggest problems is with this team?

Hint: It's not talent.

ohh boy the grammar post thats when you know your in trouble.

Obviously its not good to have bad pk and power play but thats what happens when your talent isnt good enough. i dont know what point your trying to prove with this?? in 2015 they were a top 3 power play....who was the coach then. The blackhawks dont have any defenseman that can skate out of the zone. its not the system. campbell leddy keith alll skated out of trouble. they dont have anyone to do that. queneville has won the second most games out of every coach to ever coach the highest level of hockey by changing lines all the time...

all of your dumb questions can be traced back to talent. how in the world did quenneville utilize debrincat wrong. He had steady points all year no matter who he played with and had a great season. what more did you want out of him. you posted his ice time how could you possibly think that it was dicked around with there are a differnt number of games per month

He had 168 minutes in October in 12 games 2 ot
He had 188 in November in 13 games 3 ot
He had 208 in December in 13 games 4 ot
He had 162 in January in 12 games 1 ot
He had 204 in February in 13 games 1 ot
He had 238 in March in 16 games 3 ot

looks like the numbers work out.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
we are taking this thread over and its not the right place.

top players this postseason no order...rank them

crosby
mckinnon
hall
panarin
pasternak
kucherov

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
ohh boy the grammar post thats when you know your in trouble.

Obviously its not good to have bad pk and power play but thats what happens when your talent isnt good enough. i dont know what point your trying to prove with this?? in 2015 they were a top 3 power play....who was the coach then. The blackhawks dont have any defenseman that can skate out of the zone. its not the system. campbell leddy keith alll skated out of trouble. they dont have anyone to do that. queneville has won the second most games out of every coach to ever coach the highest level of hockey by changing lines all the time...

all of your dumb questions can be traced back to talent. how in the world did quenneville utilize debrincat wrong. He had steady points all year no matter who he played with and had a great season. what more did you want out of him. you posted his ice time how could you possibly think that it was dicked around with there are a differnt number of games per month

He had 168 minutes in October in 12 games 2 ot
He had 188 in November in 13 games 3 ot
He had 208 in December in 13 games 4 ot
He had 162 in January in 12 games 1 ot
He had 204 in February in 13 games 1 ot
He had 238 in March in 16 games 3 ot

looks like the numbers work out.

Yes, all of my dumb questions that you can never answer... The same ones that other people ask you and you still can't ever answer, for some reason. That must be why they're dumb?

But the blind loyalty to Q "just cus he won before!" isn't dumb?

NHL coaches have shelf lives. This isn't college football or basketball... so yeah, at this point, I'll be done with this conversation.

For some reason, some people have a blind loyalty to Q. I don't. I could care less what he accomplished in the past. It's over and done with. I want him to accomplish something in the future. And I don't think he can. So the Hawks should have made a change.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I personally enjoy when we skate the puck into the neutral zone, and as we have forward momentum and our forwards are heading into the opposition zone, we amazingly drop the puck back losing 20-30 feet of ice position, stopping our forwards so our defender can now attempt to skate through what now is likely a brick wall lined up at the blue line since we failed to PUSH the play into the zone...yeah, that play I love and teach my kids how to perform it to a T! lol!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I personally enjoy when we skate the puck into the neutral zone, and as we have forward momentum and our forwards are heading into the opposition zone, we amazingly drop the puck back losing 20-30 feet of ice position, stopping our forwards so our defender can now attempt to skate through what now is likely a brick wall lined up at the blue line since we failed to PUSH the play into the zone...yeah, that play I love and teach my kids how to perform it to a T! lol!

hahaha

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Alright, to be civil.

@ChiHawk21

BK is talking about transition systems. Breakouts, zone play, neutral zone strategy, etc. Things that someone who supposedly played in the USHL(the top US junior league) should know. I played high-level travel my entire life and was taught these systems and zone play from probably squirts on up... so you should be able to have a conversation about it. There's the wheel - ever hear guys yell "wheel, wheel, wheel" during the NHL feed? That's a set breakout and a part of a "system". There are reverses, there are ups, and overs, stretch passes, high wings, low wings, strong side outs, Rim plays, middle plays to the C when the wings are being pressured on both sides, etc. This is all transition system stuff, and what we're talking about...

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Says he played for the Indiana Ice, yeah.
....he could be John Carlson....just sayin'!!

but honestly, plenty of ex-players on here, talked to a few on here over the years...just a few weeks ago I had a poster reach out to me who actually played in the NHL and is decently well known...big supporter of USA Hockey so we have just shot the shit a few times...you would be surprised who lurks on these boards...and no, do not ask me who he is lol!! I promised to keep his Illuminati status!

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
....he could be John Carlson....just sayin'!!

but honestly, plenty of ex-players on here, talked to a few on here over the years...just a few weeks ago I had a poster reach out to me who actually played in the NHL and is decently well known...big supporter of USA Hockey so we have just shot the **** a few times...you would be surprised who lurks on these boards...and no, do not ask me who he is lol!! I promised to keep his Illuminati status!

I echo this.

Reactions: AmericanDream

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Bergeron is missing tonight's game with an upper body injury. Big deal.

And less of Big deal and not surprising Hartman is suspended one game. Gotta do it all if he wants to be Shaw lite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad