Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You didn't actually.

No one said he was amazing. People said he was good and created for his team but the goals did not come. This is basic reading.

You go to these delusional ideas and create it is me against the world but reality is you are just making **** up.

You clearly didn't watch the series and that is fine but don't act like you did.

But I think the point is he needed to be amazing for his team to advance. CBJ needed more of that beautiful snipe for the game-winner early in the series.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
But I think the point is he needed to be amazing for his team to advance. CBJ needed more of that beautiful snipe for the game-winner early in the series.

They needed Bob to be amazing to win but he wasn't. He had a 90% save percentage and a 3.18 GAA.

AP played his ass off and carried the team but their other star did not show up. AP played more that well enough for the BJ to win.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
They needed Bob to be amazing to win but he wasn't. He had a 90% save percentage and a 3.18 GAA.

AP played his ass off and carried the team but their other star did not show up. AP played more that well enough for the BJ to win.
Is there another goalie who's been as good as Bob in the regular season but has struggled as much as he has in the postseason?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Fascinating

Bobrovsky like Panarin was amazing in first 3 games and then struggled like Panarin in games 4-6 yet here is BK trashing Bob and blaming him for the Jackets loss while praising no show Artemi

Guess BK didn't actually watch the series

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Fascinating

Bobrovsky like Panarin was amazing in first 3 games and then struggled like Panarin in games 4-6 yet here is BK trashing Bob and blaming him for the Jackets loss while praising no show Artemi

Guess BK didn't actually watch the series

Where did I trash Bob? Please point this out. Your grasp of the english language seems to be lacking if you think I trashed him.

Bob only played well in games 2 and 3 BTW. He was not good in game 1. Proof you didn't watch.

Don't try and deflect because you made some shit hot takes and got called out for clearly not watching the series.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
First 3 games = 2 goals + 5 assists and a +2
Final 3 games = no pts and a -6

I'm not necessarily a stats guy but these numbers are not those of a player who played well ... especially when he was needed the most.

And yes, Panarin did a disappearing act in the 2017 playoffs, despite folks pointing to his numbers to try and claim otherwise. It is one of the reasons Stan felt he was expendable for the return of Saad to Chicago.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I don't think that there's a single person that defended Panarin in the Nashville series. That being said, the point that myself and almost everybody else brought up was 1) He was solid in the 2016 Blues series, so labeling him a playoff no show is nonsensical, and 2) almost the entire team disappeared in the 2017 playoffs, so singling out Panarin is either odd or very obviously a weak attempt to advance the playoff no show claim.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Curious No Fun but what is your stance on issue?

Do you side with BK that Panarin was amazing despite game 4-6 or do you side with me that Panarin vanished when his team needed him most and played poorly to close out series after great start?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Panarin was amazing and then the Capitals adjusted and neutralized the Jackets' main point of offense. This isn't an all or nothing conversation, he's not playing NHL18 on easy mode.

So your saying that Panarin was ineffective and struggled after adjustment?

That is point I am making that BK seems to refuse along with others some of whom bashed Kane in past despite his rather lengthy history of pushing thru and overcoming obstacles in post season

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So your saying that Panarin was ineffective and struggled after adjustment?

That is point I am making that BK seems to refuse along with others some of whom bashed Kane in past despite his rather lengthy history of pushing thru and overcoming obstacles in post season

Where did I say he was amazing? Like others have said, this is not an all or nothing conversation. When did I bash Kane? You are literally making shit up and creating a fake stance for other which is basically trolling at this point.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It is not really a feud when it just me correcting things that BWC is lying about...
there is just too much pressure here, I feel like "Macho Man" Randy Savage trying to pick between the N.W.O and the Wolf Pack (red and black NWO)!! Hahahaha...I don't know what to do, might just go lone wolf here!

Reactions: BK

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Panarin was amazing and then the Capitals adjusted and neutralized the Jackets' main point of offense. This isn't an all or nothing conversation, he's not playing NHL18 on easy mode.
Pretty much. Panarin was amazing in the first few games, and a complete non-factor in the last 3. The Caps focused on him and shut him down, and he didn't have any answers. But what do you expect when you are part of the only line worth a damn on your team?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
there is just too much pressure here, I feel like "Macho Man" Randy Savage trying to pick between the N.W.O and the Wolf Pack (red and black NWO)!! Hahahaha...I don't know what to do, might just go lone wolf here!

I suddenly had flashbacks to crappy forgettable wrestlers for some reason after reading this post

Guys like Nailz , Berzerker , Doink the Clown and others who signaled the decline of WWF when I was kid (And helped lead to rise of WCW)

And now looking it up I see that Doink the Clown is dead. Man so many wrestlers from my youth are dead

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I suddenly had flashbacks to crappy forgettable wrestlers for some reason after reading this post

Guys like Nailz , Berzerker , Doink the Clown and others who signaled the decline of WWF when I was kid (And helped lead to rise of WCW)

And now looking it up I see that Doink the Clown is dead. Man so many wrestlers from my youth are dead
yep, WWE was garbage from 93-97, way too many stupid characters...WCW got massive because it went the opposite direction and became edgy and more "real"...loved that era.

the list is long, many of my all-time favorites gone :
Road Warrior Hawk
Ultimate Warrior
Bam Bam Bigelow
Rick Rude
Curt Henning
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Macho Man
British Bulldog
Junkyard Dog
etc, etc, etc