Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
16 years a season ticket holder... I'm having trouble with this math, given the Indiana Ice's first season was 04-05.
family that were passed over to me a few years ago so now i pay for them. until this year when they are out of my price range and i moved out of the city so its hard to get too. sorry your having trouble with the math.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
i didnt have a chance to watch the caps last night but read some tweets that they looked very good. i put money on them to start the year so i turned into a caps fan this playoffs for the first time ever ha. any insight on this game? how did holtby look?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
4 + 16 = 20
my family has had the same 4 seats since 2002-2003. i was playing and then after i was done went to college for 4 years of this time. i took over the seats in 2014? i moved out of the city 2016. i am getting rid of the tickets now. hope thats good enough for you guys!

why this pertains to anything about Q not being the devil i dont know.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Did you play with Darling?

Edit: Nevermind, you have said you played with him in midgets (maybe you confused midgets and Juniors?)

No one said Q is the devil. People are simply stating that Q's systems are outdated and ineffective. I have pointed out why they are outdated and ineffective in a little more detail. You might be the only person I have encountered (who played at a high level) that disagrees with this take (which is your right). Are the systems the whole issue? No and again no one ever stated that but how can you expect a team to succeed with a system that puts them at a disadvantage?

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
my family has had the same 4 seats since 2002-2003. i was playing and then after i was done went to college for 4 years of this time. i took over the seats in 2014? i moved out of the city 2016. i am getting rid of the tickets now. hope thats good enough for you guys!

why this pertains to anything about Q not being the devil i dont know.

I just think people are curious about you supposedly playing in the USHL for the Indiana Ice. You basically refuse to engage in discussion about transitions, zone play, and systems on here, but you played in the best junior league in the US, and didn't go on to play college hockey or anything else after? That's pretty much standard for players in the USHL. BTW, I can tell you there were only 3 kids from Illinois that played for Indiana from 2004-2009, and could also give you their names if you wanted. Two of those three played minor pro, and one played Junior A. Just sayin.

No one has called Q the devil, btw. We've said his systems are outdated and have been proven to be ineffective at this point. At least with the talent he has, and the way the opposition counters them. You refuse to explain how they're still effective, though.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
A coach many wanted because he does have updated systems is now available. I see many will be mad Stan didn't get him over Q but the hawks and Hurricanes wound up with a corsi result side by side with what the outdated Hawks got

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
A coach many wanted because he does have updated systems is now available. I see many will be mad Stan didn't get him over Q but the hawks and Hurricanes wound up with a corsi result side by side with what the outdated Hawks got

Peters is a good coach but the Flames have basically signed him already. The Cane were screwed by Darling and to a lesser extent Wards performance. I wouldn't mind for him to replace Q but I am not sure he would be my first choice.

I really, really think Hossa would be a great coach. Coaching is in his blood and he obviously knows the game.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Peters is a good coach but the Flames have basically signed him already. The Cane were screwed by Darling and to a lesser extent Wards performance. I wouldn't mind for him to replace Q but I am not sure he would be my first choice.

I really, really think Hossa would be a great coach. Coaching is in his blood and he obviously knows the game.

Agreed.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
i didnt have a chance to watch the caps last night but read some tweets that they looked very good. i put money on them to start the year so i turned into a caps fan this playoffs for the first time ever ha. any insight on this game? how did holtby look?

I met a lot of the Caps last time they were in Chicago so I'm rooting for them a bit too. Thought they looked alright last night. They're playing with more confidence now in front of Holtby and I think they'll win this series, but i still don't think they're better than any of Tampa, Pit, or Boston. They're a good team, they just don't have that killer finish to them that Cup teams need IMHO.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm thinking Nashville beats Colorado tonight, and Winnipeg also beats Minnesota. So the second round of the West should be solidified by the end of tonight.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
When was the last time there were no upsets in the first round? Pretty much every team people expected to advance, most likely will. With the exception of Vegas of course, but that has more to do with their expansion status and less to do with the level of hockey they've been playing.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
looks like my Jets are going to end the Wild today...4-0 late in the 2nd...close the door boys.
Certainly the team I’d like to win it all. Skilled, fast, balanced, creative, and nasty. Fun team to watch. It’s great seeing a team that possesses the puck and plays a physical game. Not mutually exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad