Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
His contract ends this season. You use him now and then let young kids play later.

If it was Ville Pokka we were talking about, I'd agree with you. Kempny holds far more value. I have 0 issue with the deal with the Capitals. Not seeing which "kids" we can use later when Q apparently loves Oesterle and Gus is up. Keith isn't going anywhere, Seabrook, etc.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If it was Ville Pokka we were talking about, I'd agree with you. Kempny holds far more value. I have 0 issue with the deal with the Capitals. Not seeing which "kids" we can use later when Q apparently loves Oesterle and Gus is up. Keith isn't going anywhere, Seabrook, etc.

At this point I would keep the kids away from Q since he clearly refuses to change his approach and systems.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
So far, he apparently likes Dahlstrom. We'll see how far that lasts, but a non flashy, defensive Swede who blocks shots? I like his chances.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So far, he apparently likes Dahlstrom. We'll see how far that lasts, but a non flashy, defensive Swede who blocks shots? I like his chances.

I think Dahlstrom has potential. Has looked much smoother since game 1.

To be clear, I think Q has forgot more about hockey than we will ever know it is just that he has become outdated and has expired as a coach of this team.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He's got himself back to back game assists by putting the puck on net too which is a nice touch.

He has already shown a few Q likable traits like performing the Lau down and use the stick odd man rush technique and he has a lot of both sides of the ice experience. He switched around in Rockford both ways and in Sweden was RD paired with Forsling a lot for a couple seasons.

Seeing Erik Gudbranson sign 4mil for 3 years still gives me hope Benning will want Seabrook in Vancouver. Ifor they really want that type of player and praise his leadership ability, why not the one that actually won things And can pass n shoot actually beyond be a pylon on the back end.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Olympics are fun without the NHL players. The Top and the Bottom are much closer and holy **** what a day for German hockey it was

I actually wouldn't mind them continuing the trend of leaving the NHLers out of the Olympics, actually. Give these young kids another international stage to showcase themselves on. Also keeps the entire field of teams much, much closer in overall talent.

They need to do away with shootouts in The Olympics, though. At least for medal deciding games. The fact that we had to watch the US kids fail to qualify for the medal round by losing in a damn shootout is aggravating.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I actually wouldn't mind them continuing the trend of leaving the NHLers out of the Olympics, actually. Give these young kids another international stage to showcase themselves on. Also keeps the entire field of teams much, much closer in overall talent.

They need to do away with shootouts in The Olympics, though. At least for medal deciding games. The fact that we had to watch the US kids fail to qualify for the medal round by losing in a damn shootout is aggravating.

There were four players who would qualify as kids. The rest were around 30. :laugh:

If teams actually went with younger players it would be a lot more interesting (for me, at least) but I didn't really get a lot out of seeing teams loaded with 30 somethings. Just my take.

Not picking at you, just using the term "kids" a lot when this was largely a pretty old tournament overall, all things considered.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
There were four players who would qualify as kids. The rest were around 30. :laugh:

If teams actually went with younger players it would be a lot more interesting (for me, at least) but I didn't really get a lot out of seeing teams loaded with 30 somethings. Just my take.

Not picking at you, just using the term "kids" a lot when this was largely a pretty old tournament overall, all things considered.

Ah. Haven't watched much of the hockey, and haven't really looked at the rosters to be honest. I just assumed it was mostly juniors/college kids as opposed to AHL/KHL/washed up players. It seemed to me like a lot of young names I didn't recognize mentioned in the CZE/USA OT that I watched, which was actually the first hockey of the tournament that I've seen. Been too busy, and the time change/game times suck.

Reactions: Blue Liner

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yeah the quality of hockey has been terrible

Like watching an AHL game and at times a preseason game
Maybe even worse. I'm not even sure if I saw 3 scoring chances in the 3rd period of a semi-final game. Pathetic.
I think if it was on smaller ice, it might be better, but I have seen Junior B games more entertaining than that.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I've said it before and I will say again...straight-faced and without sarcasm; There are people in this forum who, literally, could be better GM's than many currently employed NHL ones.

Reactions: TLEH and ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Every once in a while, a reminder like this is appreciated to make me remember that our issues are child's play compared to some teams.

exactly...my lord fleece this idiot.

this entire organization from the start has had no clue how to handle Galchenyuk (not that Q would do any better lol)...but from management down they couldn't make up their mind on him being a center or wing. they messed with this kids head all the time, dropped him down on lines despite being clearly one of their most skilled and dangerous forwards. Yes he can be lazy, makes some bad passes, but he is young and was learning to play all 3 forward positions for God's sake.

I would offer whatever we could to get Galchenyuk here and put him on a line with Kane. If this guy gets moved wherever he goes will be looked at as pure robbery because he is going to tear up the league once he leaves that mess in Montreal.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Personally, I don't have any interest in watching Olympic hockey if they aren't using NHLers. The stakes of the games simply aren't at the same level so games are significantly less exciting. I'll be shifting that interest to watching the WJC's now, something i never used to do until this past one.

Reactions: RayP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln