Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Point being any team in the league would take him in heartbeat. He's also on a terrible team. Nick Leddy has never and will never be a defensive dynamo in his own zone, as has been pointed out.

Agreed.

I am sure that if Stan traded for EK65 we would have someone say it was a bad move and they would instantly hate EK65.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Woof. I know the stat is largely meh but boy do those HIGH minuses still look ugly.
lets look at the hawks and for an example D. Keith. he is a -13. for me that is horrible but then i look at this past. 1 other time beside his rookie yr, he was in the minus range. all those positive yr he was positive. so i look at this as anomaly. that is why i said in yesterday game thread, i will post something on that anomaly. that is why i became convince that something else is happening to the team, the team has stop listening to the main man > Q. to support that, i started to look at Kane's stat line to verify my pov.

Duncan Keith Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The Isles D and goaltending has been a tire fire. When you've got Tavares on pace for 88 points, Bailey on pace for 92!, Barzal on pace for 87, Anders Lee on pace for 64, and Eberle on pace for 60 you shouldn't be trying to sneak into the playoffs in a competitive but far from elite division.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Karlsson has been TERRIBLE this season in his own zone. Seems like his own hype got to him in a way.

Personally, I think having half his ankle removed in the off-season has more to do with his rough season than him buying his own press.

He came back earlier than projected from it, probably too early. I think he bounces back next season.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Personally, I think having half his ankle removed in the off-season has more to do with his rough season than him buying his own press.

He came back earlier than projected from it, probably too early. I think he bounces back next season.

I think he bounces back but his issue this year is more mental mistakes than physical. He d zone coverage has been meh to lazy.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I think he bounces back but his issue this year is more mental mistakes than physical. He d zone coverage has been meh to lazy.

You might be right. He just looks a step slow to me and isn't even attempting to move laterally very much to my eye, but I could be missing some stuff.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
John Carlson is going to make a massive contract next year- what a year he is having. Always one of my favorite players, happy to see him playing like this on a nightly basis.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I've always liked him, as well.

I think we both were talking about him a lot for the following year after his draft out of Indiana....you just saw it then that the kid was going to be a player. After his 1 season with London, I just knew he was going to be a star...and then of course his Golden moment at the WJC and the rest is history. Great kid, great career, very happy for him.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
little late but i went to the hawks game out in Vegas last week. Wow what an experience. The rink is unbelievable. They did everything right from the placement of the rink to the party places outside, to the shows before, middle, and after the game. It was bridgestone on steroids. The knights fans were great too it seemed like they were really invested. I would 100% recommend going to watch a game there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad