Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
looks like most think that was a little high for JT Miller. Especially since hes scored 3 goals in 57 playoff games.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Rather amazing that Marc is looking to go into season with a Drouin and Plekanec combo 1-2 down middle

One was a winger who was god awful as C and in general for Habs while Plekanec looks finished

Also bringing in a guy like Plekanec goes against the going younger mantra he was talking about just a few weeks ago

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Tavares not meeting/talking with any other teams...

down to Isles, Leafs, Bruins, Sharks, Stars, and Lightning

So what’s the deal for Tampa if they sign him and who are they likely to not be able to re sign? Doesn’t Kucherov need a new deal soon?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
So what’s the deal for Tampa if they sign him and who are they likely to not be able to re sign? Doesn’t Kucherov need a new deal soon?

I think they'd have to move Johnson. At least that's what I heard a few times. I'm sure they'd prefer Callahan, but not sure there'd be any market there.

Reactions: RayP

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Tavares not meeting/talking with any other teams...

down to Isles, Leafs, Bruins, Sharks, Stars, and Lightning

He'll probably stay with the Isles, but truth be told the only teams that I'd be surprised if he went to would be the Sharks or the Leafs. Sharks, because if he's wanting to win there are better options compared to a team on the long slow slide down. And Leafs, because why deal with a world of pressure and media scrutiny for a team that probably has as much if not less of a chance to win than other options listed. Bolts seem like the best option for him to win, but that's a cap wizard situation there for Yzerman, so good luck with that. Bruins would probably be his next best option to win, and Stars would be an exciting and fun team as all hell but still have the core defensive and goalie issues holding them back.

So, if I'm tiering my guesses from most likely to least likely....

1) Isles
2) Bruins
3) Bolts
4) Stars
5) Leafs
6) Sharks

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Looks like the division might just be getting tougher. ROR to the blues looks like its gunna happen july 1st after the bonuss. Hope they send Thomas to buffalo.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Looks like the division might just be getting tougher. ROR to the blues looks like its gunna happen july 1st after the bonuss. Hope they send Thomas to buffalo.
Considering the Central has been the de facto toughest division since the 2013 lockout...it's going to be a Broo-tul </Ahh-nult> season.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Probably was told by Babcock that Matthews is the number one center, and that he’d have to take a bigger defensive responsibility.

There's probably only one coach in hockey who would tell Tavares that he’d have to take a bigger defensive responsibility to play for us, on the second line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad