Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
woah what is tampa doing with JT Miller. Looks like anisimov may have some value if this is how the market for centers is going..

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
That is pretty terrible comparable from you

JT Miller just turned 25 yrs old and nearly had 60 pts this season and had 56 pts last season and is far better player then AA has ever been

Also JT Miller usually plays W though last year he saw more significant time at C then in past. Last year he improved tremendously at faceoff dot (54.3%) which again is far better then AA has ever been

JT Miller and that contract is a lot better then AA and his contract

JT Miller at 5 yrs / 5.25M is not a bad deal at all given his age and production thus far. Wont shock me to see him 30G/65pt+ player in TB system

Last edited:

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
That is pretty terrible comparable from you

JT Miller just turned 25 yrs old and nearly had 60 pts this season and had 56 pts last season and is far better player then AA has ever been

Also JT Miller usually plays W though last year he saw more significant time at C then in past. Last year he improved tremendously at faceoff dot (54.3%) which again is far better then AA has ever been

JT Miller and that contract is a lot better then AA and his contract

JT Miller at 5 yrs / 5.25M is not a bad deal at all given his age and production thus far. Wont shock me to see him 30G/65pt+ player in TB system
we get it you dont like anisimov. Guy that can play in the 2nd or 3rd center or wing roll and get around 50 points while anisimov gets around 40 points. Anisimov making a million less for 1 less year. Not sure its crazy to compare.

i was suprised because i didnt think lightning had the cap space for that big of a depth contract.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
why would that matter. anisimov isnt a ufa either. hes signed.
He was going to be a UFA when he was signed. (only had 1 year remaining) It matters because UFAs can walk away from the team, where as RFAs are restricted in what they do.

you can't compare RFA contracts to UFA contracts.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Anisimov career pt totals since becoming regular NHL player

28 pts (09-10)
44 pts (10-11)
36 pts (11-12)
18 pts (12-13 , Lockout year)
39 pts (13-14)
27 pts (14-15)
42 pts (15-16)
45 pts (16-17)
31 pts (17-18)

JT Miller
23 pts (14-15)
42 pts (15-16)
56 pts (16-17)
58 pts (17-18)

The fact JT Miller last two years far outclassed AA playing with Panarin/Kane years says enough and last year AA regressed to his normal 3rd line C self without Panarin and playing less with Kane

5 years younger and a better offensive talent and now showing himself a capable C good at the dot. JT Miller >>>> AA

JT Miller is a top 6 W/C
Artem Anisimov is a 3rd line C

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
He was going to be a UFA when he was signed. (only had 1 year remaining) It matters because UFAs can walk away from the team, where as RFAs are restricted in what they do.

you can't compare RFA contracts to UFA contracts.
whys it matter what he was...at this point that is anisimovs contract. and now im comparing it to JT Millers contract right now.

Anisimov---around 40pts---2nd or 3rd line center 3 years 4.5 million remaining

Jt Miller---Around 50 pts---2nd or 3rd line center/wing 5 years 5.25 million remaining

Im just saying that Anisimov has some value if the contracts given out this year are going to be higher like that.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Anisimov career pt totals since becoming regular NHL player

28 pts (09-10)
44 pts (10-11)
36 pts (11-12)
18 pts (12-13 , Lockout year)
39 pts (13-14)
27 pts (14-15)
42 pts (15-16)
45 pts (16-17)
31 pts (17-18)

JT Miller
23 pts (14-15)
42 pts (15-16)
56 pts (16-17)
58 pts (17-18)

The fact JT Miller last two years far outclassed AA playing with Panarin/Kane years says enough and last year AA regressed to his normal 3rd line C self without Panarin and playing less with Kane

5 years younger and a better offensive talent and now showing himself a capable C good at the dot. JT Miller >>>> AA

JT Miller is a top 6 W/C
Artem Anisimov is a 3rd line C

I never once said Anisimov is better then JT miller. Keep fighting the good fight.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
whys it matter what he was...at this point that is anisimovs contract. and now im comparing it to JT Millers contract right now.

Anisimov---around 40pts---2nd or 3rd line center 3 years 4.5 million remaining

Jt Miller---Around 50 pts---2nd or 3rd line center/wing 5 years 5.25 million remaining

Im just saying that Anisimov has some value if the contracts given out this year are going to be higher like that.
If you don't understand the difference between a UFA getting a contract and an RFA getting a contract, I don't know what else to say to you. I am comparing the value of their contracts when signed.

If you want to ignore that, the other part that isn't comparable is age. JT Miller is 5 years younger.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
If you don't understand the difference between a UFA getting a contract and an RFA getting a contract, I don't know what else to say to you. I am comparing the value of their contracts when signed.

If you want to ignore that, the other part that isn't comparable is age. JT Miller is 5 years younger.
and im comparing the value of there contracts right now...ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT THIS SHOWS ANISIMOV AT LEAST HAS SOME VALUE. It doesnt matter to me why they got the contract at the end of the day the cap doesnt care why they got it either...The number is the number.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
and im comparing the value of there contracts right now...ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT THIS SHOWS ANISIMOV AT LEAST HAS SOME VALUE.
Still a bad comparable. One is 5 years younger, and has his best days right in front of him. The other is 30 and has seen his best days go by.

He has some value, but not much.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Also he keeps calling JT Miller a 50 pt player

Why do you expect him to regress in TB? He is far better then player you are portraying him to be and AA is only a 40 pt C if he is playing with Kane/Panarin as he has only hit the 40+ once in career without them

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Still a bad comparable. One is 5 years younger, and has his best days right in front of him. The other is 30 and has seen his best days go by.

He has some value, but not much.

his best days were a year ago 45 points in 65 games. anisimov was born in 88...hes not ancient lol. Man this board has just turned into crap.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
his best days were a year ago 45 points in 65 games. anisimov was born in 88...hes not ancient lol. Man this board has just turned into crap.
That was 2 years ago, when he was 28. He is 30 now. I'm not saying he is ancient, am I?

I am simply saying he isn't going to improve or keep playing the same for the next 2-3 years, where as JT Miller will be as good as he is for the next 3-4 years at least.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Also he keeps calling JT Miller a 50 pt player

Why do you expect him to regress in TB? He is far better then player you are portraying him to be and AA is only a 40 pt C if he is playing with Kane/Panarin as he has only hit the 40+ once in career without them
because he will be playing less minutes i dunno i just took a look at his point totals during his career and said 50. Was a .70 ppg player last year....ansiimov was a .69 player the year before. ITS NOT THAT CRAZY.

***I DO NOT THINK ANISIMOV IS BETTER THEN JT MILLER*** ***I DO NOT THINK ANISIMOV IS BETTER THEN JT MILLER*** ***I DO NOT THINK ANISIMOV IS BETTER THEN JT MILLER***

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
That was 2 years ago, when he was 28. He is 30 now. I'm not saying he is ancient, am I?

I am simply saying he isn't going to improve or keep playing the same for the next 2-3 years, where as JT Miller will be as good as he is for the next 3-4 years at least.

Also that best year was playing with Patrick Kane + Artemi Panarin

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

Good thats great. and im saying that ansimov has more value then i thought he would because 2nd liners/good third liners are getting 5.25x5 now.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Anisimov is a 3rd liner who benefited greatly from being 3rd wheel of two top 10 talents offensively

He is not a top 6 talent and never should have been viewed as such. Only in Chicago was he #2C

In both NY and Columbus he lost that job to far more talented Brandon Dubinsky once given chance to play a top 6 role

AA has never been a top 6 C. He is just a guy who was gifted a spot between two legends and still struggled offensively and it can be argued may have held them back

Imagine Kane/Panarin with a real legit top 6 C

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Miller's not been impressive in any playoffs but that's at least a healthy guy to keep around in prime age. I think Yzerman has failed with keeping guys that haven't stayed healthy or played well in the playoffs too much.

I remember just watching how many great plays leading to goals AA got no points on its silly to act like that any type can perform that way. With so many people upset the team likes size or net presence he's the only success on the team there. So many take aways or pressure and being a clog in the middle of the ice allowed that line to score.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Anisimov is a 3rd liner who benefited greatly from being 3rd wheel of two top 10 talents offensively

He is not a top 6 talent and never should have been viewed as such. Only in Chicago was he #2C

In both NY and Columbus he lost that job to far more talented Brandon Dubinsky once given chance to play a top 6 role

AA has never been a top 6 C. He is just a guy who was gifted a spot between two legends and still struggled offensively and it can be argued may have held them back

and then we switch the argument to Anisimov not being a second or third line center....yawwwwn. He was a second line center his play has regressed because players hes playing with/age now hes a third line center. Even if you thought he shouldnt be playing on the second line...he was and he produced at the same clip as JT Miller did last year.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Anisimov was absolutely a top 6 C. He was a 40pts C. That is a 2nd liner. You can argue he isn't any longer, but he absolutely was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille