Around the League XXXIII: The Regular Season is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverBeNormal

Mar 27, 2007
Sounds like Edzo is in the booth on Wed!

Read that he's working the game on Thursday too with Foley in Chicago. They're definitely gonna have something before the game I would imagine. Then I figure Foley and Edzo will be blubbering messes during most of the first.

Reactions: migi

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Lol, someone doesn't like our division.
IMG_0227.PNG

Reactions: RayP

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
As probably the only person alive that still wears Chicago Express gear (including what's still my favorite hat), I think that's a mild understatement about the division's quality. Mild.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
What is a Chicago Express?

Not the answer, but that's what I call D-pairings in Rockford that have played in Chicago lol. Last year Gus and Sved played together a bit. I called them the Chicago Express.
Random, useless info. But its what I thought of

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Jeff Carter out indefinitely with a cut to his left leg sustained last night. It required surgery to repair.

Didn't look like an achilles to me after seeing video, though, so likely to miss at least a few weeks is my guess. Looks to have caught him somewhere in his calf. Depends on the severity of it, I guess. Could be a few weeks, could be months? :dunno:

Edit: Kings say it's not an achilles injury, so that's good for the Kings.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
https://hockeypdocast.com/2017/10/19/ep-200-top-10-goalies/

Pretty cool goalie conversation. For those who aren't stats lovers, you can honestly skip the methodology section if you like. They talk about what models they look at, but they use the eye-test too and consider age and injuries and everything as well, and few stats are actually referenced during the conversation.

Blackhawks spoiler: Crawford is listed at #6 and #3 overall on their lists, respectively.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
https://hockeypdocast.com/2017/10/19/ep-200-top-10-goalies/

Pretty cool goalie conversation. For those who aren't stats lovers, you can honestly skip the methodology section if you like. They talk about what models they look at, but they use the eye-test too and consider age and injuries and everything as well, and few stats are actually referenced during the conversation.

Blackhawks spoiler: Crawford is listed at #6 and #3 overall on their lists, respectively.
Ranking matches my findings as well. :) The real question though is why, if Crawford's actual numbers put him into the 5-10 slot, that so-called fans continue to rank him so low in spite of all evidence to the contrary?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Ranking matches my findings as well. :) The real question though is why, if Crawford's actual numbers put him into the 5-10 slot, that so-called fans continue to rank him so low in spite of all evidence to the contrary?

Those ranking him so low, or criticizing to the nth degree... really have no idea what they're talking about, and their entire argument is baseless. Which is why you'll never seen one of them post actual stats to try and back up their view on Crow.

Reactions: LordKOTL

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Those ranking him so low, or criticizing to the nth degree... really have no idea what they're talking about, and their entire argument is baseless. Which is why you'll never seen one of them post actual stats to try and back up their view on Crow.

Bingo. To add to that, those that call him anything from garbage to average don't even have a baseline for ranking what garbage or average is!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Great 1st game for Bergeron, wow.

Yeah, no shit. :laugh:

He just had to come in and burn down villages for you... :shakehead

I thought I could make up some ground on you, until Bergy had himself a night like that.

At least my gut feeling on starting Amari Cooper in my FFL was correct for his breakout this week. Hmmm 210 yards and 2 TDs? Yes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad