Around the League XXXIII: The Regular Season is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
with how much Sakic is asking, wait 2 years and see who he signs with as UFA. Sakic asks for the moon and will get less value than now or see him leave for nothing. Duchene is already on his mindset to move on.

Sakic should accept a offer like Fabbro + 1st from the Preds and move on. That's about the best offer he can get.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He should have accepted the Isles offer of Hamonic + 1st + prospect

Then he could have flipped Hamonic to Flames and ended up with 2 1st round picks + 2 2nd round picks + prospect

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
with how much Sakic is asking, wait 2 years and see who he signs with as UFA. Sakic asks for the moon and will get less value than now or see him leave for nothing. Duchene is already on his mindset to move on.

Sakic should accept a offer like Fabbro + 1st from the Preds and move on. That's about the best offer he can get.

that is a big "IF"... if he was knowingly and willing to think outside the box.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
McPhee gonna McPhee. How is that a good package for a top 4 defenseman with 2 years of term left at a very reasonable cap hit.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I keep thinking about those rumors of Sakic loving Forsling. I love Forsling too though, he has so much potential and is so young and already in the NHL. The D would be devasted, there is no youth other than him and now Murphy. But then you could move Anisimov for D. It would totally be a now type move, but we could resign him too.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Dallas traded for Methot? Good for them. Now they just need a #1 and #2 defenseman and they'll be all set

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I keep thinking about those rumors of Sakic loving Forsling. I love Forsling too though, he has so much potential and is so young and already in the NHL. The D would be devasted, there is no youth other than him and now Murphy. But then you could move Anisimov for D. It would totally be a now type move, but we could resign him too.

If the Hawks were making now moves Hammer would still be on the team. I would be interested in Duchene for the right price. But I'm not sure they can fit his AAV without Anisimov going the other way. It probably isn't a move that is on their radar now that they have taken care of JT's line.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
****in DAL just got a perfect top 4 D for them for basically nothing. Really annoying...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
****in DAL just got a perfect top 4 D for them for basically nothing. Really annoying...

They play horrendous team defense and they have lost a decent amount of scoring from 2 years ago. Can Bishop stay healthy? Will Hitch play nice with Benn, Seguin, and Spezza? Can any of those 3 stay healthy? Lots of potential issues in Dallas people are missing or ignoring.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
It's so odd to me how little people in the national hockey media understand the LTIR and how it interplays with the salary cap

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Methot is fine. That's all.

Blackhawks should go after Nate Schmidt. Younger, cheaper, more mobile, better play driver.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I really like Nate Schmidt. If he's available the Hawks should be all over it. I don't see why Vegas would move him though. He's young and should fit into long term plans

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
And if they did move him the price would be high and interest around league high

Hawks wouldn't be able to acquire him IMO without hurting future of club (Prospects/Picks) or eroding current roster even more (Having to trade a Hartman for instance)

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Maybe.

Personally I think the evaluation of players in the NHL is totally warped, I wouldn't be shocked if Methot was valued more highly than Schmidt on the basis of size, leadership, grit, etc.

They got him for a 1st rnder, and a guy that went 194th overall the other night.

I'd give a pick and comparable prospect up for Schmidt. Maybe even a higher end prospect.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
My point regarding Methot wasn't that we should have gone after him, the point was that DAL got better in exchange for a lottery ticket in 2020.

Nate Schmidt is probably the one player Vegas won't trade and if they do, it would cost us a Schmaltz or something of that value. Schmidt will break out next season and is a young, legit top 4 D already. So yes, he would be perfect for us but so would a lot of other players we are unable to aquire.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Maybe.

Personally I think the evaluation of players in the NHL is totally warped, I wouldn't be shocked if Methot was valued more highly than Schmidt on the basis of size, leadership, grit, etc.

They got him for a 1st rnder, and a guy that went 194th overall the other night.

I'd give a pick and comparable prospect up for Schmidt. Maybe even a higher end prospect.

For the umpteenth time, hockey players cannot be evaluated by pure talent alone. Ever think you may be wrong and not the scouts and most other hockey folks who have been around the game forever? No. Didn't think so.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
For the umpteenth time, hockey players cannot be evaluated by pure talent alone. Ever think you may be wrong and not the scouts and most other hockey folks who have been around the game forever? No. Didn't think so.

Not when so many teams draft, trade for and sign so many bad players, many on bad contracts.

I don't immediately appeal to authority, no.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
dang it, Spencer Foo, the college hockey unsigned player is signing with the Flames.

i was really hoping that the hawks will sign and bring him in. add him to the other bodies in training camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->