Around the League XXXIII: The Regular Season is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
So many folks around here scoffed when I suggested Hawks look to James Neal last year. He certainly looks worth his weight in gold right now. I can see him being a TD offering, but the price will be HUGE now.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
AA for Galchenyuk would be remembered in the Ellison and a 2nd for Sharp territory.

Well he's either spent the last 4 years being tragically misused and developed by MTL or he's another very underwhelming player from his draft class.

I don't watch him enough to which it is and while it'd be nice to have a younger and maybe cheaper middle-6C option, we know what we have in Anisimov and we know it's good.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
So many folks around here scoffed when I suggested Hawks look to James Neal last year. He certainly looks worth his weight in gold right now. I can see him being a TD offering, but the price will be HUGE now.

He's a nice player who's off to a hot start. But he makes 5 mil. He's not going to shot 45% all year.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

What top nine winger is he replacing and what on Earth makes him worth ~4 mil more than whatever guy he'd be replacing?

There's a giant CAUTION sign over our D right now. Save the cap space we got from the Hossa LTIR to potentially address that problem. They DEFINITELY shouldn't have blown assets on a winger that is going UFA at the end of this year. The price was too high to start the season, it will obviously be far too high come TDL.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Well he's either spent the last 4 years being tragically misused and developed by MTL or he's another very underwhelming player from his draft class.

I don't watch him enough to which it is and while it'd be nice to have a younger and maybe cheaper middle-6C option, we know what we have in Anisimov and we know it's good.
He's been terribly handled.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I'd entertain AA+ for Galch
Maybe AA + Gus would be better or AA + Pokka.

Just coming from our perspective. But Bergy isn't always smart. maybe he would go for it.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
What top nine winger is he replacing and what on Earth makes him worth ~4 mil more than whatever guy he'd be replacing?

There's a giant CAUTION sign over our D right now. Save the cap space we got from the Hossa LTIR to potentially address that problem. They DEFINITELY shouldn't have blown assets on a winger that is going UFA at the end of this year. The price was too high to start the season, it will obviously be far too high come TDL.

To clarify, I was not advocating bringing Neal in now or at this year's TD. It was just a thought last year when he was left unprotected and Vegas seemed poised to deal for prospects.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I'd do AA for Galchenyuk if Schmaltz can stay healthy and keep playing at the level he started this season.

Throw in Pokka or some other D prospect other than Snuggie.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'd do AA for Galchenyuk if Schmaltz can stay healthy and keep playing at the level he started this season.

Throw in Pokka or some other D prospect other than Snuggie.
i was reading a snippet on AG and why he was being traded. the article on a rumor site stated it was b/c the org (coaches?) were tired of his lack of defensive play. AG like to play a perimeter game.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
i was reading a snippet on AG and why he was being traded. the article on a rumor site stated it was b/c the org (coaches?) were tired of his lack of defensive play. AG like to play a perimeter game.

I could live with a 30-goal perimeter player.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Galchenyuk is a 30/30 guy if he goes to a situation that doesn't undercut him every step of the way. He's an imperfect player, but a damn valuable tool if properly used. Bergevin is mad that his $1400 diamond tipped ban saw isn't as versatile as the can of wd40 he paid twice the sale price for.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
maybe i am old school, i can see him coming in and being given all this freedom not to play defense. how do you think the rest of the players will react to this. understanding that they had to deal is AP when he was he.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
So now Leafs are not the greatest on the planet.....even after their ‘statement’ win 3rd game of the season ? LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad