Around the League XXXIII: The Regular Season is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
My buddy who is a Devils fan says that Hischier looks like Datsyuk out there and it's obvious he modeled his game after him. The Devils look like they're a fun team to watch. Hope they have an awesome year, they're already off to an awesome start with 16 goals in their first 3 games

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
So now Leafs are not the greatest on the planet.....even after their ‘statement’ win 3rd game of the season ? LOL!
Try to keep up. The devil's beat the leafs and are undefeated and burning down villages, lol. The cup is headed to Jersey

Edit: this isn't in response to tame

Reactions: Rooh

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Just came from NHL.com, couldn't believe it, the Av's are 4 and 1. Are they for real? or playing over their heads.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Yeah it's whacky. The Avs just keep on winning. The beginning of the regular season usually has some strange trends though.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Panarin with 3 helpers in Jackets win over the Wild tonight. Matthews with another ot tally, his 5th to win it for the Leafs.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Like I've said, being moved from Kane's gunner to a team's game breaker is the best thing for him. His ability isn't shoe horned on a team that he's the most talented forward on.

He's Marty Havlat. Hope injuries don't hinder his career.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The ticket prices are still insane given the product they're icing. Haven't checked after-market prices.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Erik Karlsson is ****ing wolverine.

Every time a timetable is set for a return from injury, he beats it by like 30%.

He had a chunk of his ankle removed and he's already skating at an elite level again. The guy is a freak.

Reactions: Rooh

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
WTF? LV/M. Subban is shutting out the team that let him go. Now, that's impressive coaching, with a team full of expansion draft fodder.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
The Golden Knights got 100% of all high danger scoring chances in the game vs Boston.

Granted it was only 6-0, so it's not like either team was vicious or anything, but I don't think I've ever seen that before.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The Golden Knights got 100% of all high danger scoring chances in the game vs Boston.

Granted it was only 6-0, so it's not like either team was vicious or anything, but I don't think I've ever seen that before.
ref Vegas, i am wondering if the strength of the Westren Conf, is the reason that Vegas is doing well or was it that they as a team picked a whole set of very good players ??

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Pretty sure the Canucks started 4-0 last year. Far too early to take anything from the first 5 games of the season.
ref Vegas, i am wondering if the strength of the Westren Conf, is the reason that Vegas is doing well or was it that they as a team picked a whole set of very good players ??

MAF's SV% is way above his career average and is set to break his previous high for a season. I doubt he maintains that. You never know though.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Pretty sure the Canucks started 4-0 last year. Far too early to take anything from the first 5 games of the season.
Those were also noted as all overtime wins because didn't they never lead a single moment in any of those games?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Law of averages. I'd love to see Vegas power through and get a playoff spot in their first year in the league (provided that it doesn't corner us out of a wild card slot if need be), but aside from a handful of players essentially everybody on their roster is a player that nobody else really wanted. Either just about everybody was wrong about everyone on their roster, or they're just riding an impressive high and will come crashing down to earth.

I'm expecting the latter, especially as it's not like they've faced the toughest of competitors so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->