Around the League Part 8: Welcome to the league Vegas, and Duchene discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Like seeing the Rangers struggling. They seem like they'd be a candidate for taking a step back losing Stepan and Lundqvist getting older. And there's no break for the King with Pavelec as his backup now. Just seems like they are a prime candidate to fall the way they are asking so many players to step up.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Like seeing the Rangers struggling. They seem like they'd be a candidate for taking a step back losing Stepan and Lundqvist getting older. And there's no break for the King with Pavelec as his backup now. Just seems like they are a prime candidate to fall the way they are asking so many players to step up.

Just our luck is they'll suck badly enough and get the top pick in the draft. Then everyone in the Metro except Carolina and Philly will have a #1 pick on their team. :laugh:

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
So I am watching Sabres vs Devils

That team play from Sabres is just brutal, Beaulieu is shit. And they are playing Devils, I mean wtf Sabres, how many years in a row you can play such a bad hockey?

And Bruins lost 4:0 vs Avs @ home? Did anyone saw that game? I saw some moments of Avs vs Rangers and they looked good. Are they actually decent?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The Avs are vastly better than they were, but I'm not sure how far it's gonna go this year. It would be a mistake to think they're an easy win though.

They've cut most of the fat out and replaced it with young, faster and hungrier. I don't know what to think of Bednar but I respected him sitting Zads to start and making Soderberg uncomfortable by sitting him too. Soderberg looks more like two years ago already, though he's still a question mark moving forward. Yakupov has been great, Varly had been back to normal. The have all the talent spread out so all lines have a shot of scoring. Comeau is the only forward painful to watch.

Defense is still the weakness but the kids they're using are quicker so mistakes aren't killing them as much. Still they look inexperienced getting out of their end, and painfully too deliberate on the pp. Gripping their sticks too tight. They remind me of us a year or two ago. Putting the pieces in place but still some holes to fill and some experience to gain.

Kerfoot has been a find. Great poise and playmaking.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Leafs completely dominated the Blackhawks tonight. Yeah, it was only an OT win, but they completely owned the play from the 2nd period on. They just come at teams in wave after wave and are a tough team to beat. Their forwards also flee the zone quickly and they go for long stretch pass after long stretch pass so defensemen have to be on their toes against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad