Around the League Part 8: Welcome to the league Vegas, and Duchene discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Side effects by Steve Martin

This is a great little essay by Steve Martin on side effects. I wanted to cut and paste the whole thing but it starts like this and gets funnier:

DOSAGE: take two tablets every six hours for joint pain.
SIDE EFFECTS: This drug may cause joint pain, nausea, head-ache, or shortness of breath. You may also experience muscle aches, rapid heartbeat, and ringing in the ears. If you feel faint, call your doctor. Do not consume alcohol while taking this pill; likewise, avoid red meat, shellfish, and vegetables. O.K. foods: flounder. Under no circumstances eat yak.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I just looked at the standings and if Calgary doesn't turn it around, the Isles will get an unprotected 1st round lottery pick from the Flames. That's all we need is the Flyers and Devils to pick 1-2 last year and the Isles to win the lottery this year.

Don’t forget they’ll have 2 shots at it unless they trade their own first once the Canes leapfrog them :sarcasm:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
What a bunch of hypocrites on BOH. They're all happy that the perrenial attendance bottom feeder Isles are saved. Good for their fans and bad for Quebec, but damn that's irritating.
6885970_orig.jpg

Seriously, that's all it comes down to with those jackals.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
What a bunch of hypocrites on BOH. They're all happy that the perrenial attendance bottom feeder Isles are saved. Good for their fans and bad for Quebec, but damn that's irritating.

Same thing happening in that Ottawa thread on the main board.

FWIW though, I'm happy the Isles are staying. There's really nowhere logistical for them to go to except for Atlanta (not happening, nor should it) or Quebec. And to put it nicely, hell to the no for Quebec.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Since I only watched five minutes and 33 seconds of hockey yesterday, I'm getting my money's worth out of Center Ice by watching TOR-CBS right now. Very exciting: lots of rushes, two teams going hard after the puck, decent goaltending. I don't want to get ahead of myself but... I think... I think this is how hockey is supposed to be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad