Around the League 42: Life, the Universe, and Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020
Ferland was a different character altogether. That dude hit and fought anything that moved, which is the biggest reason he couldn't stay healthy. He wasn't a true heavyweight but he hit like a truck. I'm just glad we weren't the team that ended up making that mistake on the long-term contract.
he was great when healthy. Loved him as a Cane.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Meiers contract isn't as bad as Huberdeaus but it's still looking like it's going to age poorly, which I'm cool with. Someone here mentioned he'd be a great fit here had the Sharks accepted our end of the agreement, maybe but if he's struggling in Jersey I doubt he'd be much better here.

As for Bunting, I wish him the best in Pittsburgh. Kind of a Michael Ferland type I guess. Right guy to have but wrong time for us.

Ferland is more Tom Wilson than Michael Bunting. And he fit great here. His only problem was health. I would’ve loved to keep him long term if he could’ve stayed healthy

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
We can’t count out anyone but Columbus for 3rd because Philly has been the ‘meh’ they were expected to be for some time now. They honestly should be third but no other team decided 2 months ago it wanted to be a decent team either.

Philly has been 9-9-2 in its last 20. They had a good October through December. They have a record of 15-11-3 in 2024. Thats a 92 point pace for a season. Not a bad season based on expectations but not a playoff caliber one.

Philly and Isles have near identical SOS going forward according to The Athletic. Washington has the toughest in the league.

Last edited:

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
So the Islanders coaching change seems to have worked. They were 7 points behind Philly and 6th in the division when they fired Lambert. Now they're 2 points behind Philly with 2 games in hand, and more importantly, passed Detroit for that final Wild Card spot.
I'd love an Isles round 1 matchup again. Suspect we'll win the division and get Tampa however.

Reactions: AD Skinner

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
We can’t count out anyone but Columbus for 3rd because Philly has been the ‘meh’ they were expected to be for some time now. They honestly should be third but no other team decided 2 months ago it wanted to be a decent team either.

Philly has been 9-9-2 in its last 20. They had a good October through December. They have a record of 15-11-3 in 2024. Thats a 92 point pace for a season. Not a bad season based on expectations but not a playoff caliber one.

Philly and Isles have near identical SOS going forward according to The Athletic. Washington has the toughest in the league.

I don’t think it’s them falling back to Earth. I think it’s that their starting goaltender was very publicly arrested for sexual assault, and that has understandably shaken up the team. Even ignoring the morale, Ersson isn’t Hart in net.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
As sweet as it would feel to knock Tampa out I’m definitely more scared of them than any other potential first round matchup

I dunno. The games I've seen from them this year, I've not been impressed. Vasi isn't superhuman this year and they're very reliant on their PP (which should get less chances in the playoffs).

But it's the playoffs and anything can happen, I suppose

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
I dunno. The games I've seen from them this year, I've not been impressed. Vasi isn't superhuman this year and they're very reliant on their PP (which should get less chances in the playoffs).

But it's the playoffs and anything can happen, I suppose
tampa isn't scary, but vasi is still one of those guys that could get hot enough to carry them to a deep run. hell, going into the playoffs last year bobrovsky was a joke who was being displaced by canes legend alex lyon. then he went super saiyan.

if we do play them, your point about their powerplay becomes a huge advantage to them. the way things have gone, i'd bet they'd have a 2:1 pp advantage.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
tampa isn't scary, but vasi is still one of those guys that could get hot enough to carry them to a deep run. hell, going into the playoffs last year bobrovsky was a joke who was being displaced by canes legend alex lyon. then he went super saiyan.

if we do play them, your point about their powerplay becomes a huge advantage to them. the way things have gone, i'd bet they'd have a 2:1 pp advantage.

The way these last 20 games have gone, any team we play will have a 2:1 PP advantage

Last edited:

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
As sweet as it would feel to knock Tampa out I’m definitely more scared of them than any other potential first round matchup
I think they’re like the Bruins a couple years ago. Scary due to our history but clearly a worse team than us. Would probably put up a real fight but I see us beating them in 6 or 7 if we meet them. Detroit, Philly, NYI all to me are extremely easy matchups. So I do agree but ultimately I’m not really that scared of any first round matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad