GDT: Around the League 2021-22 v17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
They're going to be really bad this year regardless of what happens now. Lindholm and Tkachuk aren't producing close to what they did last year without Gaudreau and that line was the only one that could score to begin with.

As you mentioned their defense is very overrated and the top pair of Andersson - Hanifin got pretty badly exposed in their series against us.

Now let's hope they go out and do something stupid because they think they can remain competitive. I think that they truly believe that they have a "deep" roster that can withstand this loss so I have a feeling they'll try and plug and pray here rather than do the logical thing and tear it down.

Their management and ownership know that their fans are inclined to hop straight off the wagon as soon as the team hits the tubes while they are trying to sting together an arena deal. They're stuck and I love it.
Its funny enough just to hear Andersson being a top pair with Hanifin. This would be a pretty meh pairing anywhere else. But because its Calgary it gets elevated in talk to "these players are just so good".

I miss the honesty in commentators like Howie Meeker today, who would never be raving about players like Anderson, unless it was Glenn Anderson. So few commentators now have a legit perspective. Eric Francis just apparently ok being a parody, and not a reporter. Just a paid shill. One of many. That have become the breed.

mrmisery

Jun 4, 2022
Murray/Samsonov is the worst tandem in the NHL. Probably neck and neck with Buffalo but at least they have Luukkonen.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Murray/Samsonov is the worst tandem in the NHL. Probably neck and neck with Buffalo but at least they have Luukkonen.
One of those 2 will take that starter job and run, I'm not really worried about it. What the problem I see is they need to stack that blue line, they need to bring in at minimum 1 shutdown dman in if not 1 on both sides of the ice. If Dubas is guilty of anything its not learning from positional balance in terms of play style.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Off season winners so far.

Detroit
Anaheim
Edmonton
Ottawa
Washington (if they get Kadri)

Love what each have done between draft and FA so far.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
They're going to be really bad this year regardless of what happens now. Lindholm and Tkachuk aren't producing close to what they did last year without Gaudreau and that line was the only one that could score to begin with.

As you mentioned their defense is very overrated and the top pair of Andersson - Hanifin got pretty badly exposed in their series against us.

Now let's hope they go out and do something stupid because they think they can remain competitive. I think that they truly believe that they have a "deep" roster that can withstand this loss so I have a feeling they'll try and plug and pray here rather than do the logical thing and tear it down.

Their management and ownership know that their fans are inclined to hop straight off the wagon as soon as the team hits the tubes while they are trying to sting together an arena deal. They're stuck and I love it.
Best news: JG out brings Lucic up one spot.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Quite ... a...day. Board a ridiculously late WestJet flight to Halifax and boarding have a guy right behind me with a Flamers t-shirt and hat. Struck up a little hockey talk about Johnny Regular Season and his abandoning ship in Cowtown. Pretty good dude actually.

Land in Halifax and break the news to him that Johnny Regular Season signed in Columbus. :0

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Quite ... a...day. Board a ridiculously late WestJet flight to Halifax and boarding have a guy right behind me with a Flamers t-shirt and hat. Struck up a little hockey talk about Johnny Regular Season and his abandoning ship in Cowtown. Pretty good dude actually.

Land in Halifax and break the news to him that Johnny Regular Season signed in Columbus. :0

And I love it 😈

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
9C38A90C-59C9-4B84-B457-FF017C206027.gif

The good ole days in YYC…

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
all these oilers fans feeling bad for flames fans. da fark wrong with your heads?

i wish/pray/dream of only sorrow and pain and sadness for the flames.... not even just the flames... the canucks, leafs, sens, jets..... i hope the flames continue to middle and fester until eternity.. and longer even.

flames fans tears are my sexual lubricant.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Gaudreau's signing is like if Kawhi left the Raptors for less money to settle in Sacremento
Some guys just don't want to be in Canada. Covid sure as hell wasn't helping that either.

With that being said that's why you need to really pay attention when you have a superstar coming close to being a UFA.

Gaudreau leaving Calgary isn't something that came up overnight either. If they couldn't re-sign him last summer they should've dealt him.

It's not like after 20-21 they were being viewed as a top team either. Would have some more prospects and picks as well, as once they started doing good they decided to go for it a bit more

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Should be interesting to see how Darcy Kuemper performs next year, not having 80% of the play in the other teams end.

For all you single guys/ladies out there, you know you've found "the one" when they look at you the exact same way Johnny looks at Mony.

My wife looks at me most of the time like this:
4f6113d714713dc3d74e37a69e6b2bef.gif
What a beautiful black dress.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Janmark, Jarnkrok, Raffl all names thrown out by Bob. Followed by "I have no idea what the Oilers are thinking" lol

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Some guys just don't want to be in Canada. Covid sure as hell wasn't helping that either.

With that being said that's why you need to really pay attention when you have a superstar coming close to being a UFA.

Gaudreau leaving Calgary isn't something that came up overnight either. If they couldn't re-sign him last summer they should've dealt him.

It's not like after 20-21 they were being viewed as a top team either. Would have some more prospects and picks as well, as once they started doing good they decided to go for it a bit more
I feel as though the majority of hockey fans knew the Flames were best off selling Johnny last year and either starting a rebuild or getting a replacement. I wonder if Treliving had his hands tied by ownership, they seem to be allergic to the idea of a rebuild over there and trade a first rounder at the first sniff of success.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Janmark, Jarnkrok, Raffl all names thrown out by Bob. Followed by "I have no idea what the Oilers are thinking" lol
I've been wondering about those two myself, but like Bob that's me just looking at remaining UFA's and wondering who could be a cheap addition to help us.

In all seriousness I wouldn't be shocked if Holland and GM's a like have a lot of lowball offers out there to multiple guys. Essentially telling them we want you, but have also made the same offer to a couple other guys.

Once a few guys start taking these deals you could see some pressure on remaining guys as they probably don't want to end up being PTO's in 2 months from now.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Best news: JG out brings Lucic up one spot.
I was so happy to see him on the losing side of the handshake line. No idea what it is, but seeing him become a pumpkin in short order here and then try to resurrect himself there and talk them up pissed me off. I'm sure he's fine as a person, just crazy how fast he hit the cliff and then basically wanted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad