GDT: Around the League 2021-22 v17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
6d3936d8.gif

It all went downhill for the Flames after this.

It actually all started to go downhill from that "we want 10" chant in game 1.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
So.. Michael McLeod is one of the few players from the WJ team in 2018 that has yet to release a statement. That is concerning…

IF he was involved, I would hope that type of behavior is absolutely not tolerated by the remaining McLeods.

Hope the victim can find some justice and the appropriate individuals are punished for what they’ve done.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
So.. Michael McLeod is one of the few players from the WJ team in 2018 that has yet to release a statement. That is concerning…

IF he was involved, I would hope that type of behavior is absolutely not tolerated by the remaining McLeods.

Hope the victim can find some justice and the appropriate individuals are punished for what they’ve done.

The list of players that have made statements scratched off. Gonna find out the 8 soon enough

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

The list of players that have made statements scratched off. Gonna find out the 8 soon enough

Lets not forget "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Which then turned into "We were having sex to cope with my anxiety"

So I'm not exactly sure guys saying they weren't involved means much to me

What I posted on main boards. Some guys have some pretty good alibis, so for sure if you weren't in the Country and have proof of that I'll believe.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Lets not forget "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Which then turned into "We were having sex to cope with my anxiety"

So I'm not exactly sure guys saying they weren't involved means much to me

What I posted on main boards. Some guys have some pretty good alibis, so for sure if you weren't in the Country and have proof of that I'll believe.

The only sound one so far seems to be the ones that were legit not at the event [ie. Mete out of country]. Some of these 'statements' are simply deflecting attention or pleading ignorance.

HumanCheatCode

Jan 15, 2010
Edmonton
I don't understand why Tkachuk would have huge value in a trade, isn't it really just for 1year of him as an RFA? If he wants to sign long-term with a team then they could just wait a year and sign him for free, no? Can't see Sutter staying on to coach if the Flames are going into a rebuild type situation.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Eff the Flames man... I'm enjoying every single second of their misery this offseason so far. Hopefully they get a crappy return for Tkachuk too.
Yeah I really don't get the sympathy some have for them. I'm sure it sucks and I can empathize about it but I don't really feel bad other than recognizing that it sucks. Does anyone actually think they will feel bad for us if McDavid leaves? No way

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I don't understand why Tkachuk would have huge value in a trade, isn't it really just for 1year of him as an RFA? If he wants to sign long-term with a team then they could just wait a year and sign him for free, no? Can't see Sutter staying on to coach if the Flames are going into a rebuild type situation.
Sign and trade scenario. If he's signed for 8 years, they could get a pretty good haul for him. Word is they will go hard after Kadri as well now.

Tkachuk likely to be traded within a year

A wildcard is Dillon Dube. With that Team Canada WJC Sexual Assualt stuff, there are 15 players left who havent come out denying the allegations, and there were 8 players involved. If he was one of the players involved, he could easily get the Virtanen punishment and be bought out/contract cancelled
According to Eric Francis, he believes a trade will happen within a week or so.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Sign and trade scenario. If he's signed for 8 years, they could get a pretty good haul for him. Word is they will go hard after Kadri as well now.

According to Eric Francis, he believes a trade will happen within a week or so.
Why would they go hard after Kadri when they will having nothing left. Even him I don't get why he'd chase the money to go to a Canadian market again. One that isn't on the upswing.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
It's crazy how Tkachuk apparently wants to leave too though not totally unexpected... MAN! It's like McDavid's OT goal in game 5 cursed them. The BoA might be a snooze fest again for another 10 years or so.

My dad and uncle were camping over the weekend and they discussed the whole Flames situation (my uncle was born Calgarian.) My uncle says there's whispers that things could get even worse for the franchise if they can't straighten out the new arena situation. Said he could see the Flames leaving the city if things don't get turned around in a hurry and the team is forced to rebuild.

As much as I despise the Flames and can't help but sneer with glee at all the Neanderthals at Calgary puck who trumpeted the idea of Connor and Leon leaving Edmonton only to have basically the same thing happen to them after getting humiliated by the Oilers, I know that they don't represent the whole fanbase.

Part of me does feel bad for the city, Darryl, and Brad. I don't hate the city of Calgary at all. I hate the Flames but would never want the city they play in to lose their hockey team.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Not a whole lot. 2/3 of their top line is kind of a big deal.
Not saying it isn't, but they still have some good players. They still have a bunch of cap room and presumably a very big trade chip to come. It would be a good idea to see how all this plays out before some posters start calling them a lottery team.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not sure what you mean nothing left?
Losing Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Gudbransson is a pretty big loss.

Not saying it isn't, but they still have some good players. They still have a bunch of cap room and presumably a very big trade chip to come. It would be a good idea to see how all this plays out before some posters start calling them a lottery team.
Don't see many calling them a lotto team, but they were supposed to be a borderline team last year with Tkachuk and Gaudreau. Going to be tough for them to make the playoffs even if Tkachuk was there. Not sure they have 3 40 goal scorers and two 100 point players without Gaudreau.

The drop off up front is going to be massive for those guys

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Losing Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Gudbransson is a pretty big loss.
Not so sure about Gudbranson, but if you think he has higher value than I, then we can agree to disagree. And yes, losing the other 2 is big, but as I mentioned, maybe we should wait and see what they do with the extra cap they have, as well as what assets they get back for Tkachuk.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

I haven't seen it mentioned, but I sincerely hope Evan Bouchard steered clear of this when it occurred. He was captain of the London Knights that season and that event might've been something he attended if he was in London at the time.

I have to assume there are a few bros in that group who weren't part of the WJ program at the time.

It's only a matter of time before someone unearths the hotel footage and removes all doubt behind who was actually there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad