Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Not an expert on that. Going by capfriendly's numbers:

6 years, $2.0M AAV in NSH = $7.511M after tax
6 years, $2.0M AAV in WPG = $6.092M after tax
6 years, $2.5M AAV in WPG = $7.580M after tax

There's a difference, but there's also security. 6 years, $2.25M AAV?

Does capfriendly factor in the tax on the 41 road games a player plays? Or is that just based on the different tax rates.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not an expert on that. Going by capfriendly's numbers:

6 years, $2.0M AAV in NSH = $7.511M after tax
6 years, $2.0M AAV in WPG = $6.092M after tax
6 years, $2.5M AAV in WPG = $7.580M after tax

There's a difference, but there's also security. 6 years, $2.25M AAV?

Tax issues aside those are still unusual contracts. They make sense for a certain group of 'tweener' players. Good enough to warrant 6 years but not so good that they expect to make a lot more by signing for a couple of years.

Will more GM's (and player agents) catch on to this?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
On the main board, there is this thread (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2371465&page=3) in which you're supposed to name a random player that comes to your mind first when thinking about that specific team but it's only allowed to pick players that don't play there right now.

So I thought this would be kind of interesting to look at considering the "Atlanta factor".

Most common answer: Selanne. Okay fine I get that.
Second most common answer: Kane - that surprised me a bit
third place shared by Ilya Kovalchuk and Dale Hawerchuk
followed by Andrew Ladd

Quite the variety of time era and different franchises :laugh:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The standings predictions on main boards
Overrated
Dallas
Calgary
Underrated
Winnipeg

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
I've been wandering the boards for my late summer hockey news fix, and I was wondering about this... What is the single worst expansion draft move within the league?

To me, Ottawa should have been able to navigate their way to avoid the loss of Methot.

Others may think that M.A.F. made the wrong personal decision, never again getting a wiff of the Stanley Cup.

On the other side of the same coin, has Phaneuf somehow ruined his team's chances and in the same stroke, his own?

I'm not going into the main boards to start this thread. What do you folks think?

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
With the news last week about Les Alexander possibly wanting to sell the Houston Rockets, does that increase the chances of Houston getting an NHL franchise (Coyotes?)?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Only on HF Boards will you find people who believe that 24 years old is a goalie's last chance to prove himself, and that a highly touted prospect "failed to reach expectations" by 20 years old.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Only on HF Boards will you find people who believe that 24 years old is a goalie's last chance to prove himself, and that a highly touted prospect "failed to reach expectations" by 20 years old.

Nope, they're everywhere. We're just the ones immortalizing our opinions for historians to mull over millennia from now. They will have very big brains and will recognize the genius that went unappreciated in its time. :nod:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I wonder why there's no players listed that are on AHL-only contracts. Why not invite some of them?

Almost always the players in Europe are better. Players make alot more in Europe, with a much better lifestyle. Not many quality players take AHL deals. A large portion of those guys are ex-AHL stars who were under NHL deals, not AHL deals. Not too mention they are already used to the big ice.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Brule is still playing? I could have sworn he retired years ago.

I wonder if Dawes and Boyd regret switching countries to play in the world championships a year or so ago.

They've been playing for Kazakstan quite a bit more than a year. Last 3-4 or so. And from the people I know that grew up with Dawes and Boyd, there is zero regret. They love it absolutely in Astana and are proud to play for Kazakstan.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Spengler Cup = Best international tournament anyways. I'd add a sarcasm smiley, but I honestly believe that now that the Olympics don't have NHL players.

In terms of AHL players playing in this, an AHL team did go to a spengler cup recently, and they got their ***** handed to them. (To be fair they were under similar restrictions to what they will be in terms of olympics.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad