Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hockey is weird.....Caps were all over the lightning tonight and lost the game?

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Imagine Vegas winning the cup before Ovechkin. Name me a bigger hockey injustice.

There really is only "one" bigger injustice that could happen--and that would be losing JetsFan815 as a Jet's fan and great poster on here--when Seattle gets it's franchise. If JetsFan815--becomes a Seattle fan--"that would be devastating.":(

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

There really is only "one" bigger injustice that could happen--and that would be losing JetsFan815 as a Jet's fan and great poster on here--when Seattle gets it's franchise. If JetsFan815--becomes a Seattle fan--"that would be devastating.":(

If I root for Seattle's hockey team, they will be awful for years and will be the new Buffalo Sabres lol. I am 26, have followed sports all my life and have felt championship joy just once (Kimi Raikkonen winning the F1 WDC in 2007). Don't worry my bad juju will always be with the Jets :sarcasm:, they are the only hockey team I can truly cheer for.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If I root for Seattle's hockey team, they will be awful for years and will be the new Buffalo Sabres lol. I am 26, have followed sports all my life and have felt championship joy just once (Kimi Raikkonen winning the F1 WDC in 2007). Don't worry my bad juju will always be with the Jets :sarcasm:, they are the only hockey team I can truly cheer for.

It's good to know we will not lose JetsFan815 to Seattle !!! We will need your insightful posts, and some funny ones to push us over the top --we'll get there Jets Fan--so stay on board--your heart will always be in Winnipeg. :)

I wish JetsFan a great summer - hopefully not to wet. :thumbu:

Last edited:

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Just like Wpg vs Nash, Vegas gets to rest while Wash takes TB to a game 7. Vegas just rolling 7's this playoffs

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Lou and Mark Hunter leave the Leafs.
That will be a bit of a sting.

One thing about managing by committee is that outsiders can't tell who backs which decision.
Who knows what Hunter's impact actually was. If drafting coke fridge defensemen and obscure Russians was mainly his doing, maybe not so much of a sting.

Reactions: HannuJ

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It will be an interesting transition for Toronto. There were allot of chiefs at the top their and I guess it was time to pick the leader and let the rest of the chips fall where they may. Dubas seems like a very sharp young mind so lets see what he's got.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
One thing about managing by committee is that outsiders can't tell who backs which decision.
Who knows what Hunter's impact actually was. If drafting coke fridge defensemen and obscure Russians was mainly his doing, maybe not so much of a sting.
Hunter's highly regarded throughout the hockey world. yeah, we don't know what it was that he did, exactly, but he does have a good draft reputation. since i'm pretty sure Lou's behind one of my favourite NHL contracts (Matt Martin), i don't see him as a huge loss.

hopefully he doesn't take his "no facial hair" schtick with him to New York. players should sue for those idiotic workplace policies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hunter's highly regarded throughout the hockey world. yeah, we don't know what it was that he did, exactly, but he does have a good draft reputation. since i'm pretty sure Lou's behind one of my favourite NHL contracts (Matt Martin), i don't see him as a huge loss.

hopefully he doesn't take his "no facial hair" schtick with him to New York. players should sue for those idiotic workplace policies.

From what I understand Hunter was behind the Rasanen, Mattinen, Gordeev, Kara, Yorshkov and many other big dmen/Russians. From Leafs fans that I know, they say he thought the Leafs needed more big bodies in the system. But he was also behind the Marner pick so he wasn't entirely all about the big boys.

I think we will see a bit of a change in how the Leafs draft now with Dubas at the helm. Likely a lot more speed/skill guys in the first round. A lot of underrated fallers and I'd wager a bet they go after quite a few smaller overlooked overragers as I believe Dubas was behind the Brooks pick. They might even do it earlier. Like 2nd/3rd rounds. Rather than 4th and onwards. You can basically guarantee that there won't be many facepunchers and role players around anymore. I'd imagine they will look to add guys who have speed throughout the lineup now. Dubas thinks along the lines of Chayka but he has a lot more to work with on his pro roster and quite a bit more money/franchise attractiveness to lure in FA's.

I was kind of hoping Hunter would be the GM because he would likely overpay for a guy like Myers this off season as it fits his team building to a T. Dubas not so much.

Reactions: HannuJ

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Lou officially in as an Islander brass.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Ho-Sang. Kid will get a rude awakening with a guy like Lou calling the shots there.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Lou officially in as an Islander brass.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Ho-Sang. Kid will get a rude awakening with a guy like Lou calling the shots there.

He was a healthy scratch in the AHL before, so it surely won't get worse than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad