Around the League 2016-2017 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Why is Sobotka allowed to play in the playoffs? Whatever the rule is, I don't agree with it. Seems incredibly weird to me.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Why is Sobotka allowed to play in the playoffs? Whatever the rule is, I don't agree with it. Seems incredibly weird to me.

I think the difference between his situation and other situations where a player has to clear waivers after signing is that he was under contract to the Blues and owed them the year left on his contract. They kept a contract space open for him for when he came back. Not sure if I agree with it either but I guess it's no worse than some of the LTIR cap manoeuvring we've seen over the years.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Don't like Kovalchuk at all but seeing him and Getzlaf play together for a year would be fun.

Murray doesn't seem to like Russian players at all though

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
So Ottawa-Boston game is on but really just background music while I catch up on my internet memes. I look up and see the counter going for what I assume is an Ottawa powerplay. Then I realize it's counting up instead of down... It was a ****ing Karlsson shift timer. Why the **** is there a Karlsson shift timer? Who ****ing cares?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
So Ottawa-Boston game is on but really just background music while I catch up on my internet memes. I look up and see the counter going for what I assume is an Ottawa powerplay. Then I realize it's counting up instead of down... It was a ****ing Karlsson shift timer. Why the **** is there a Karlsson shift timer? Who ****ing cares?

NBCSN in full effect. They did the same thing in a Wild @ Ducks game earlier in the season, where they "tracked" TOIs for Kesler and Suter. Don't know why, maybe they felt it was important? :dunno:

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia

I think they've had this ice-time counter there on for quite a while already. Usually they match up two players, one from each team. I saw it for Chara there earlier too.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
NBCSN in full effect. They did the same thing in a Wild @ Ducks game earlier in the season, where they "tracked" TOIs for Kesler and Suter. Don't know why, maybe they felt it was important? :dunno:

I think they've had this ice-time counter there on for quite a while already. Usually they match up two players, one from each team. I saw it for Chara there earlier too.

Goes to show how much I pay attention to hockey on NBC. It's dumb.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Boston just beat themselves. Marchand decides to get in Andersons way and gets the whistle blown right as Pastrnak has a quality scoring chance (in fairness Anderson was diving around quite a bit) then Pastrnak takes a lazy penalty moments after which causes the GWG against.

If Marchand and co focused on playing hockey and management adds a top 4 blueliner they could be really good.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
You just know that Toronto is going to win, with Washington dominating this OT.

Edit: I was wrong. :laugh:

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
poor freddy, he was absolutely amazing in that game. If the Leafs just fix their defense they're going to be scary good.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Haha I'd guess a lot of the Leafs fans we see around here are too young to know who Anne Murray is.

:laugh:

You're probably right. Would it have been better if I said Michael Buble? Diana Krall? Celine Dion? I could have said Neil Young but he hardly tours much anymore. Joni Mitchell isn't well and Gordon Lightfoot has lost his voice. Off the top of my head I'm running out of options. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad