Around the League 2016-2017 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
With St. Louis up 3-0 already I wonder if this is the year they'll go far. For past years the Blues have always been hyped but they have never delivered but this season I don't think no one is talking about them so maybe it's this season they go far. Or maybe the Wild just sucks and St. Louis will be whiped out during the second round.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
With St. Louis up 3-0 already I wonder if this is the year they'll go far. For past years the Blues have always been hyped but they have never delivered but this season I don't think no one is talking about them so maybe it's this season they go far. Or maybe the Wild just sucks and St. Louis will be whiped out during the second round.

I don't think the Blues are good enough down the middle to go all the way but they've certainly got a very good blueline.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I don't think the Blues are good enough down the middle to go all the way but they've certainly got a very good blueline.

Yeah, the middle is their weakness even if they get Stastny back but they have been able to go 3-0 against the Wild, a team that might not have a great middle but it's certainly better than Blues' middle, at least at the moment. Like you said the Blues have a very good defense and now Allen seems to be on his game and they have quality depth on wings IMO. Chicago has better middle than Nashville but they are currently losing the series, although I'm still expecting the situation to turn around. I'm just saying that now when no one is expecting much from St. Louis, it could be the year they could go far.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, the middle is their weakness even if they get Stastny back but they have been able to go 3-0 against the Wild, a team that might not have a great middle but it's certainly better than Blues' middle, at least at the moment. Like you said the Blues have a very good defense and now Allen seems to be on his game and they have quality depth on wings IMO. Chicago has better middle than Nashville but they are currently losing the series, although I'm still expecting the situation to turn around. I'm just saying that now when no one is expecting much from St. Louis, it could be the year they could go far.

St. Louis has an unbelievably good record since they swapped to their new coach.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
What if Washington, Chicago, and San Jose all went down in the first round? That would be something

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Jesus anyone just flip channel over to Chicago game after 2nd ended? Preds just scored. Their announcer was literally yelling announcing that goal.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If Toronto wins their series there are no hockey gods. Worst thing ever to happen to this place is them making the playoffs.

Also what the **** is wrong with Holtby. He's been decidedly mediocre these playoffs.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Has anybody else noticed that the nhl.com condensed highlights have started to include replays of penalty calls that lead to PP goals against? It's so annoying you know every time they show a penalty that the other team is going to score on the upcoming PP.

For the games I don't bother watching but still want to see spoiler free highlights in it's so annoying! Toronto Washington was the latest game to have a goal spoiled by this (worse it was the winning goal!).

Last edited:

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I fully expect the Oilers to beat the Sharks and possibly go all the way to the Finals (McDavid is THAT good...), if the Blackhawks will be eliminated (but I will believe that once I see it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->